Kettlebells

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • 10627
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

    #1

    Kettlebells

    I've mentioned them a time or two. Here is my former trainer swinging one. This is called a windmill. The ball starts on the floor and he picks it up, then rotates it up. BTW, that is a 40kilo ball he is using. I've seen him do snatches with a 55 kilo ball. He is the strongest person I've ever met.

    It would help if I put a link here.

    http://www.rapidresultsfitness.net/gallery.asp?gid=13
    Last edited by crokett; 09-08-2008, 06:23 PM.
    David

    The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • scmhogg
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2003
    • 1839
    • Simi Valley, CA, USA.
    • BT3000

    #2
    David,

    I can't see the link??

    Steve
    I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. Bertrand Russell

    Comment

    • cabinetman
      Gone but not Forgotten RIP
      • Jun 2006
      • 15216
      • So. Florida
      • Delta

      #3
      What a scam...no movie.
      .

      Comment

      • TB Roye
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2004
        • 2969
        • Sacramento, CA, USA.
        • BT3100

        #4
        The 55 kilo ball flew off and hit the camera, or David.

        Tom

        Comment

        • iceman61
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2007
          • 699
          • West TN
          • Bosch 4100-09

          #5
          Originally posted by crokett
          I've seen him do snatches with a 55 kilo ball.
          I can't drag myself to do it.

          Comment

          • crokett
            The Full Monte
            • Jan 2003
            • 10627
            • Mebane, NC, USA.
            • Ryobi BT3000

            #6
            Originally posted by scmhogg
            David,

            I can't see the link??

            Steve
            Fixed. Sorry!
            David

            The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

            Comment

            • conwaygolfer
              Established Member
              • Jun 2008
              • 371
              • Conway, SC.
              • BT3000

              #7
              Kettlebells

              I followed the link and read his thoughts on the results of working with these. I must agree as my cousin came to Myrtle Beach this summer and bought a kettlebell with him. He usually works out with a 50 plus lb. He only bought a 35 lb. one with him, as his 2 future son in laws wanted to work out with him.

              I work out at a local gym every other day and feel like I am in pretty good shape for a 61 year old. I can do 35 push ups in a minute and 40 sit ups in a minute. But when he had me working with the kettlebell (about 30 seconds), I thought I would die. All I was doing was swinging it between my legs and bringing it up to chin height. I never knew 35 lb. could be so heavy. He handled it like it was 10lb. He has a lot of "core strength".

              I think I will have to stick with the "easy" stuff from now on. By the way, my cousin is 54 years old and has been using the "bells" for about 5 years.
              Glenn

              Comment

              • Kristofor
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2004
                • 1331
                • Twin Cities, MN
                • Jet JTAS10 Cabinet Saw

                #8
                Yikes! I am sure I'd be dislocating my shoulder (for the 5th time) if I tried to do that with an 88Lb weight.

                Comment

                • kirkroy
                  Established Member
                  • Feb 2007
                  • 343
                  • Brunswick, MD

                  #9
                  I played with kettlebells for awhile and just didn't find them interesting or fun. I sold mine and have stuck to barbells and dumbells for pure strength work (I am a powerlifter) and running/cycling for cardio/endurance. Much of the kettlebell community is almost religious about them and have some pretty fanatical beliefs about the miraculous results. I don't believe them...

                  Comment

                  • crokett
                    The Full Monte
                    • Jan 2003
                    • 10627
                    • Mebane, NC, USA.
                    • Ryobi BT3000

                    #10
                    Originally posted by iceman61
                    I can't drag myself to do it.
                    Believe me, you wouldn't be the first.
                    David

                    The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

                    Comment

                    Working...