• Show
Clear All
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Cats Love It

LOML picked up a new cat toy today called Scratch Scroll. We sprinkled a little catnip on it and all three cats went crazy playing with it.
  • Mr__Bill
    Veteran Member
    • May 2007
    • Tacoma, WA
    • BT3000

That's a nice simple cat toy, you should get a lot of enjoyment watching your cats play on it.
    Two of the cat toys our cats keep going back to are so simple that I can't imagine why I did not think of them. One, I am ashamed to admit that I bought it and didn't make it. It's just a shallow box about 5 x 16 with cardboard cut and placed on edge inside. Then catnip was sprinkled on the exposed edges of the interior cardboard. They scratch and claw and lay and roll on it. The other is a nylon tube about 12" in diameter, held in shape with a light spiral spring. There are port holes along the side and things hanging in side of it. One cat will chase the other into it and then attack through the port hole. The other day I found the dog asleep with his head in one end of it. One can only imagine what the dog was thinking.

Bill, on the Sunny Oregon Coast. It got to 100 here yesterday, thought I was going to melt!

Comment

• jackellis
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2003
      • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
      • BT3100

We have a box of toys for ours. One plays infrequently, and usually by herself. The other one will play with his sister if she lets him, but otherwise he insists that I be his playmate. Often makes working difficult.

One of his favorite toys is a plastic soda straw!

Comment

• pierhogunn
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 2003
        • Harrisburg, NC, USA.

My old cat only plays by himself from 10pm to 11:33pm each evening, and it's usually with something left on the hardwood floor.

Also, we have to pretend we don't hear him, cause if we look at him while he is playing, the spell is broken, and he has to leave the house, quickly
        It's Like I've always said, it's amazing what an agnostic can't do if he dosent know whether he believes in anything or not

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Dan in Harrisburg, NC

Comment

Working...