Methods from Human Resources

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • 4217
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

    #1

    Methods from Human Resources

    Methods from Human Resources...

    1. Put 400 bricks in a closed room.

    2. Put your new hires in the room and close the door.

    3. Leave them alone and come back after six hours.

    4. Then analyze the situation.

    a. If they are counting the bricks, put them in the
    Accounting Department.

    b. If they are recounting them, put them in Auditing.

    c. If they have messed up the whole place with the bricks,
    put them in Engineering.

    d. If they are arranging the bricks in some strange order,
    put them in Planning.

    e. If they are throwing the bricks at each other, put them
    in Operations.

    f. If they are sleeping, put them in Security.

    g. If they have broken the bricks into pieces, put them in
    Information Technology.

    h. If they are sitting idle, put them in Human Resources.

    i. If they say they have tried different combinations and
    they are looking for more, yet not a brick has been moved,
    put them in Sales.

    j. If they have already left for the day, put them in
    Management.

    k. If they are staring out of the window, put them in
    Strategic Planning.

    l. If they are talking to each other, and not a single brick
    has been moved, congratulate them and put them in Top
    Management.

    m. Finally, if they have surrounded themselves with bricks
    in such a way that they can neither be seen nor heard from,
    put them in Congress.
    Erik
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • 10627
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

    #2
    Hmm... I'd count the bricks to see how many I had, then start building a structure and if I needed a certain sized brick I'd break them. So where do I fit?
    David

    The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

    Comment

    • scmhogg
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2003
      • 1839
      • Simi Valley, CA, USA.
      • BT3000

      #3
      Originally posted by crokett
      So where do I fit?
      Absolutely NOWHERE.

      Steve
      I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. Bertrand Russell

      Comment

      • sparkeyjames
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • 1087
        • Redford MI.
        • Craftsman 21829

        #4
        Originally posted by crokett
        Hmm... I'd count the bricks to see how many I had, then start building a structure and if I needed a certain sized brick I'd break them. So where do I fit?
        We're sorry that post has been filled.

        Comment

        • Stytooner
          Roll Tide RIP Lee
          • Dec 2002
          • 4301
          • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
          • BT3100

          #5
          Originally posted by crokett
          Hmm... I'd count the bricks to see how many I had, then start building a structure and if I needed a certain sized brick I'd break them. So where do I fit?
          In the pokey without a permit.
          Lee

          Comment

          Working...