Clear All
  • Russianwolf
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
    • One of them there Toy saws

27 hours and counting

roughly until.......

College Football Season Starts Again!!!!!!!

Tomorrow night I'll have to check out the Wake Forest game, Then the full course on Saturday, capped with Clemson-Alabama at 8PM. Likely the game of the week.

I' don't watch much sports. But LOML hates College Football Season (aka she may as well be a widow on Saturdays in the fall)
    Mike
    Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.
  • gad5264
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2005
    • Columbus, Ohio, USA
    • BT3000/BT3100NIB

There is nothing better than college football in the fall. "Let the games begin!!!!"
    Last edited by gad5264; 08-28-2008, 10:21 AM.
    Grant
    "GO Buckeyes"

My projects: http://community.webshots.com/user/gad5264

Comment

• Hellrazor
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2003
      • Abyss, PA
      • Ridgid R4512

Now I remember why I have the sports package on DTV...

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
        The Full Monte
        • May 2007
        • Sunshine State
        • BT3000

We'll be tailgating practically every weekend in Orlando or Gainesville. There is not a better way to waste a Saturday... The group invested last year in an enclosed trailer with built-in restroom, generator, satellite dish and 3 flat-screens! End up on local TV news just about every other week.

Comment

• Hellrazor
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2003
          • Abyss, PA
          • Ridgid R4512

Hockey starts in a little over a month... then I will be really happy. I have season tickets for the local ECHL team.

Comment

• JoeyGee
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2005
            • Sylvania, OH, USA.
            • BT3100-1

This is the most wonderful time of the year, by far. I'll watch games from noon until after midnight every Saturday--actually, I will start with Gameday at 10. I have to record Gameday Final because it's just too late. It's the first thing I watch after church. Yes, I am a bit of a cfb junkie. I just can't watch the NFL, though.

LOML loves college football almost as much as I do (if it was just as much, nobody would feed the kids, lol).

There should be some pretty good games this week--Michigan State-Cal, Clemson--Bama, and the weasels losing their opener for the second year in a row! I can't wait.
            Joe

Comment

• crokett
              The Full Monte
              • Jan 2003
              • Mebane, NC, USA.
              • Ryobi BT3000

I'm the opposite of Joey. I don't watch much CFB. I got DirecTv originally because of the NFL package. Actually now that I think about it my first date with my wife was her coming over to watch football.
              David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Russianwolf
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2004
                • Martinsburg, WV, USA.

yeah, i'm also curious to see if App State can repeat last year and take down LSU, I think they have a decent shot at them.
                Mike
                Lakota's Dad

Comment

• JoeyGee
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2005
                  • Sylvania, OH, USA.
                  • BT3100-1

I don't think App St. has a prayer. Sure, they're good, and scUM wasn't great last year, but taking App St. lightly had a huge impact on the game. LSU has learned from that and certainly won't repeat that mistake. scUM did all the other D1A schools a huge favor by providing coaches with an example that you have to PLAY every team.

In this years case, Utah is going to be a good team, and scUM will struggle to reach .500.

That Illinois-Mizzou game should be a good one, too.
                  Joe

Comment

• Russianwolf
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2004
                    • Martinsburg, WV, USA.

LSU's big question mark is at quarterback. If they can move the ball, I think they'll win. If not, I think LSU's defense will spend too much time on the field and get worn down, giving App State a chance at it.
                    Mike
                    Lakota's Dad

Comment

Working...