• Show
Clear All
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Defeated by Low Technology

My FIL had a weird printer problem where he couldn't print. His setup is connecting wirelessly to a router/print server with his USB printer connected to it. What was happening was a bunch of 0 byte jobs being stuck in the print queue - they didn't exist as files on the laptop anywhere. After two weeks and 4 tries to fix it (including multiple printer reinstalls) it finally dawned on me tonight reboot the friggin' router. That fixed it right up.

Irony of course is I work on multimillion-dollar systems every day and it took two weeks for me to fix 150 bucks worth of hardware.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • pierhogunn
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2003
    • Harrisburg, NC, USA.

D'oh

I know how you feel, seriously
    It's Like I've always said, it's amazing what an agnostic can't do if he dosent know whether he believes in anything or not

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Dan in Harrisburg, NC

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

The advantage to being dumb is that the only thing you know how to do is restart the computer, restart the printer and restart the wireless router! Problem Fixed!
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• crokett
        The Full Monte
        • Jan 2003
        • Mebane, NC, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by leehljp
        The advantage to being dumb is that the only thing you know how to do is restart the computer, restart the printer and restart the wireless router! Problem Fixed!
        My FIL said pretty much the same thing. I told him that that was fine with me, next time he could rebuild the laptop.
        David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
          The Full Monte
          • May 2007
          • Sunshine State
          • BT3000

I wouldn't sweat it... There's a lot of MD's who don't know how to take your blood pressure... Doesn't make them bad physicians...

Comment

• iceman61
            • Oct 2007
            • West TN
            • Bosch 4100-09

I can relate.

Comment

Working...