Clear All
  • Alex Franke
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2007
    • Chapel Hill, NC
    • Ryobi BT3100

Amazon affiliate links for BT3Central

Hi all,

I know some of you all use the affiliate link generator that I created a while back, so (in celebration on Thom2's birthday ) I wanted to let you know that I've updated it to include a lot more information, including product photos and prices. I'll also explain how the affiliate system works to benefit BT3Central, and how to tell if a link has been posted that gives referral credit to someone other than BT3Central (which, if intentional, is against the forum rules).

You can get to my link generator from my signature, or here: http://www.codecreations.com/apps/am...mcondsryobbt30 -- be sure you use one of these links so that the form is populated with BT3Central's Amazon affiliate ID. EDIT: Added No-Ads version.

To use it, add the product ID (ASIN) of the item you want to generate a link for, select an image size if you want to include an image, and change any of the other options to configure the link. Some options, such as nofollow, do not apply to the BBCode links used in this forum. Then click Create Link, and when the page refreshes, scroll down to the bottom of the link generator and copy all the text in the "Product Link in BBCode" section, and paste it into your post. If you look carefully, you'll see the BT3Central affiliate ID encoded into the links.

When you click on a link encoded with someone's affiliate ID, then anything you add to your cart over the next 24 hours or so, and then later purchase, will be credited to that affiliate. An affiliate usually earns about 4-7% of the total purchase price. Usually 4% on electronics, but usually about 6%+ on tools, books and other stuff. It doesn't change the price for you, or cost you anything, and the affiliate knows nothing about you personally -- just that a particular product was credited to him. If you use a link that's encoded with a different affiliate ID within the 24 hours, then that affiliate will start getting credit.

If you want to know if a link is encoded with an affiliate ID, search the content of the link for the word "tag" followed by "=" or "%3D", then another string of characters that usually ends in a number like "20".

Here's an example of what the new generated links look like: (If you're feeling generous, you're welcome to buy this for me! )

Porter Cable 77240 24-Inch Omnijig Joinery System
    New: $598.00 (42% savings)
    Used: Not available used
    Rating: 3.5 of 5, 3 review(s)

It's not just about the saw.
    Last edited by Alex Franke; 08-05-2008, 12:05 AM. Reason: Updated link
    online at http://www.theFrankes.com
    while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
    "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates
  • Alex Franke
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2007
    • Chapel Hill, NC
    • Ryobi BT3100

I have a new version of this now and it's actually on a different server, so I have updated all the links accordingly. Plus, now it's entirely free of any ads and not even within the context of another site.
    online at http://www.theFrankes.com
    while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
    "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

Comment

Working...