• Show
Clear All
  • cgallery
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2004
    • Milwaukee, WI
    • BT3K

Click and Clack?

I've been a longtime fan of the radio show. I think it does a good job balancing entertainment with education.

So I am watching their new cartoon ("Click and Clack's As the Wrench Turns"). I'm withholding judgement until I've seen a few more.

Anyone else listen to the radio show? Watch the cartoon?
  • dlminehart
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2003
    • San Jose, CA, USA.

Love the radio show, look forward with some trepidation to the cartoon. Have to say, though, that I like the facelessness of radio personalities. Terry Gross, for instance, looks appropriately named when seen in person. (Well, maybe Terry Geek would be more appropriate.) But I love her voice, and mind, in the disembodied world of radio.
    - David

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” -- Oscar Wilde

Comment

• crokett
      The Full Monte
      • Jan 2003
      • Mebane, NC, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000

Click and Clack have a cartoon out? Well I will have to watch an episode or two.
      David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• gsmittle
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2004
        • St. Louis, MO, USA.
        • BT 3100

Originally posted by dlminehart
        Love the radio show, look forward with some trepidation to the cartoon. Have to say, though, that I like the facelessness of radio personalities. Terry Gross, for instance, looks appropriately named when seen in person. (Well, maybe Terry Geek would be more appropriate.) But I love her voice, and mind, in the disembodied world of radio.
        I know what you mean. I have a face for radio, and back when I did small-market radio, I lost track of how many times people told me I didn't look anything like I sounded. Still trying to figure out if that was a compliment...

I really don't want to see the Tappets (can't spell Maliozzi). Part of their charm is, like you said, the disembodied voice on the radio.

g.
        Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
        Bill & Ted

Comment

• JoeyGee
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2005
          • Sylvania, OH, USA.
          • BT3100-1

It's been a long time since I have heard their show, and I have not seen them in the cartoon, but I loved them as the Rust-Eze owners in Cars .
          Joe

Comment

• BobSch
            • Aug 2004
            • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
            • BT3100

Originally posted by gsmittle
            I know what you mean. I have a face for radio, and back when I did small-market radio, I lost track of how many times people told me I didn't look anything like I sounded. Still trying to figure out if that was a compliment...
            g.
            You too, huh. I worked in a small-market station and got the same comments. The other comment I loved was the people who had never hear their own voice. I often got accused of "fiddling with the knobs to make them sound wierd."
            Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• cgallery
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2004
              • Milwaukee, WI
              • BT3K

Originally posted by BobSch
              You too, huh. I worked in a small-market station and got the same comments. The other comment I loved was the people who had never hear their own voice. I often got accused of "fiddling with the knobs to make them sound wierd."
              LOL.

My Dad was set to be interviewed on the radio one morning. He (dad) was a daily columnist, and was only doing this because the radio personality was a good friend. He was often asked, but this was the first time in several years that he agreed to be on the show.

ANYWAY, he had a dentist's apointment before going to the radio station, said appointment causing an awful lisp.

I started listening and almost fell on my ass I was laughing so hard. I put a tape in and recorded it for him.

When he got home he said, "I think I was lisping."

"Ya think?"

God I loved that guy.

Comment

• ironhat
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2004
                • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
                • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

Our PBS locals must have dropped the show. What a shame. Heck, even my wife, who admittedly doesn't know exactly what they are talking about, enjoys their personalities and their repartee.
                Blessings,
                Chiz

Comment

• themachine
                  Established Member
                  • Jan 2006
                  • Cincinnati, OH
                  • BT3100, General Intl. 220

I listen to the radio show every chance I get, and when I miss it I pick it up on cartalk.com. I watched part of the first cartoon and so far I think it has lost something in the transition. i will watch a few more to see if it gets better.

Comment

• Tom Slick
                    Veteran Member
                    • May 2005
                    • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
                    • sears BT3 clone

One of the great things about those guys is they always seen to be having a good time. I've seen them on TV shows and they are still laughing hysterically and cracking jokes. They just seem like fun people.

I listen to the radio show when I remember to. I used to read their newspaper column also.
                    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

• Ed62
                      The Full Monte
                      • Oct 2006
                      • NW Indiana
                      • BT3K

I never heard their radio show, but I read their newspaper column. Pretty funny guys, with a lot of good information.

Ed
                      Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

Working...