What a day!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • poolhound
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • 3196
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • BT3100

    #1

    What a day!!!

    After having worked a lot of this three day holiday weekend on a client project I was hoping to wrap things this morning and start preparing for my upcomming vacation at the end of this week.

    Firstly my client kept comming back with changes all day long and one of the items still isnt closed - more work tonight for me

    Then at 4:30 as I was about to head out to proof the job at the printers LOML calls "JON the TV just went BANG!!" My nice 61" HD TV seems to have gone Kaputt. When I got back from my visit with the printer LOML has called around and the general consensus is a blown color wheel and possibly lamp - best estimate around $600!!

    Then about an hour ago we get a call from my son (goes to ASU and lives down in Tempe) says he feels sick as a dog and is running a temp of 102. He left work at 11am feeling unwell but didnt think to call us or go to the doctor. Not great as we are due to head over the pond to the UK at 6am Friday.

    So my wife has just headed down to him to get him to the ER and hopefully fixed up with antibiotics or whatever will set him right by Friday.

    Hopefully thats it for now - sorry for the rant..........
    Jon

    Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat
    ________________________________

    We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
    techzibits.com
  • jziegler
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2005
    • 1149
    • Salem, NJ, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3100

    #2
    Sorry you're having a rough week.

    For the TV, a bit of advice. One of my co-workers recently replaced a color wheel on his TV. The part was around $100, took him about an hour to replace it. Most lamps are user replaceable (even though the repair places and stores try to say they aren't). Look up your TV model and see what you can find, but I'd bet if you feel comfortable trying it yourself, you could get both parts for a lot less than the prices you were quoted.

    Hope your sone feels better soon, and that you get the work done in time for your vacation.

    Jim

    Comment

    • newood2
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2004
      • 600
      • Brooklyn, NY.
      • BT3100-1

      #3
      This morning I woke up and made a bad decision to listen to the newscast on my 13 tube -my 32" turned green and dirty-.There are 17 wars going on right now. My 401K took another nose dive. California is burning. There is nothing in the house for breakfast. There is no gas in the car. Should I grocery shop or buy gas. But I need the car to get the grocery, which could be a modern day luxury or dilemma, I can't decide. Oh by the way, there is a bunch of guys sitting on my kitchen counter, they come by every month and they never leave without getting a healthy amount of cash. Strangely enough, they all have a first name of William.
      Oh there's that other report I saw about global warming. Sometimes I think "they" are out watching us and doing things to us to test us. Soon they'll come and get us.
      Ok ok, I haven't have my cup of tea yet or, perhaps I need to have my thyroid check. Almost forget, I haven't gone in the woodshop yet to redo the mistakes I made last week.
      Funny thing is, this is one of my good days. I'm alive and all body parts seems to be working fine. So I give thanks.
      Alright I'm finish.
      So poolhound, no sweat, get up, brush yourself off and go and do what you do best. Take care of business and Kick A--.
      Howie

      Comment

      • poolhound
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2006
        • 3196
        • Phoenix, AZ
        • BT3100

        #4
        Thanks guys

        I will check out parts for the TV and see what I find.

        Turns out David (my son) has Strep. They gave him a mega dose of ABs with a large needle in the A$$ - that had to hurt, hopefully he will start to feel better today.

        Howie - I am off to kick some A right now. I am usually very upbeat and practise what I call "Logical Positivism" yesterday was just a real B**CH.

        only 3 days to vacation.......
        Jon

        Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat
        ________________________________

        We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
        techzibits.com

        Comment

        • steve-norrell
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2006
          • 1001
          • The Great Land - Alaska
          • BT3100-1

          #5
          Originally posted by poolhound
          only 3 days to vacation.......
          And, none too soon! CNN's weather guy is reporting that temperatures ranging from 110 to 117 are expected in Arizona over the next few days. That's a temperature range we don't have to worry about up here and it is hard to imagine what it is like.

          Things usually turn out to be not quite as bad as the seem and I hope that is the case for you.

          Anyhow, have a great vacation.

          Regards, Steve

          Comment

          • poolhound
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2006
            • 3196
            • Phoenix, AZ
            • BT3100

            #6
            Originally posted by steve-norrell
            And, none too soon! CNN's weather guy is reporting that temperatures ranging from 110 to 117 are expected in Arizona over the next few days. That's a temperature range we don't have to worry about up here and it is hard to imagine what it is like.

            Things usually turn out to be not quite as bad as the seem and I hope that is the case for you.

            Anyhow, have a great vacation.

            Regards, Steve
            Our first week in the UK will be a lot cooler to say the least. We then fly back to Miami and head onto a cruise ship around the Bahamas for a few days before heading back to PHX. Not nearly as hot but 70%+ humidity. Not really a problem as we will stay internally hydrated in the bar

            Client just signed off on the work and its now gone to the printers - YEE HA!!
            Jon

            Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat
            ________________________________

            We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
            techzibits.com

            Comment

            Working...