• Show
Clear All
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

And A Good Time Was Had By All

My baby brother got married this past weekend in Myrtle Beach. We stayed a couple extra days there and turned it into a vacation. We had a great time visiting with the relatives and just kinda lazing around the last 3 days. My oldest decided she wants nothing to do with the ocean right now, my youngest had a blast getting knocked down by waves. At least as long as she didn't get water on her face.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • ironhat
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2004
    • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
    • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

It's funny what kids will or won't like at the same age or when they get older. When my daughter was 5 we went to Myrtle in the early spring on a rainy weekend, so you can guess what the water was like. Well, besides being cold the surf was rough and I had a hard time encouraging her to let me hold her and walk backwards into the surf. That way I could shelter her from the waves. I kept asking, "Should we go further"? And she quietly said, "OK. You hold me good, Daddy"! By the time we stopped our progression into the surf the waves broke on me and water shot over our heads, getting us soaked as we laughed hysterically. She's 31 now and still remembers it (but hates the ocean). I think that she remebers because we talked about it frequently as she grew. I've always thought that if they don't remember the exact event they should remember how they felt. You're a good man David. Enjoy them and hold them close.
    Last edited by ironhat; 06-18-2008, 09:26 PM.
    Blessings,
    Chiz

Comment

• germdoc
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2003
      • Omaha, NE
      • BT3000--the gray ghost

I had a memorable vacation with my family in Myrtle Beach about 36 years ago. We went with another family. In addition to sunburn and surf I remember catching lots of crabs and keeping them in buckets, visiting an old-fashioned amusement park, and going to a Wild-West themed park. It was the first and only beach vacation my family took outside of Florida.

Wonder if those tourist parks are still there??
      Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

Comment

• crokett
        The Full Monte
        • Jan 2003
        • Mebane, NC, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000

The tourist parks are still there, they've just been updated to go along with the new times.
        David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

Working...