11 Electric Motors....I'm a Pack Rat!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Knottscott
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Rochester, NY.
    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

11 Electric Motors....I'm a Pack Rat!!!!!

Today I decided that the shop is way past due for a spring cleaning. While sorting through stuff trying to decide what to keep and what to chuck, I counted 11 extra induction motors! I thought I only had 3 or 4! I kept three of them... (1hp Baldor, 1/4hp GE, and an old 1/3HP R/I), sold two of the better ones (Delco 1/3hp & 1/2hp R/I), and chucked 6 of them to the curb (Delco 1/4HP R/I, and some other odd ball small motors). The motors at the curb were gone in 15 minutes. The 2 sold on CL right away...had 4 replies in about 30 minutes before I could respond and edit the listing. It took me longer to find a spot for the 3 I kept!

...can't believe what a pack rat I am!
    Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.
  • BobSch
    • Aug 2004
    • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
    • BT3100

You KNOW that six weeks from now you're gonna find a use for one of those you got rid of.
    Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• Knottscott
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2004
      • Rochester, NY.
      • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by BobSch
      You KNOW that six weeks from now you're gonna find a use for one of those you got rid of.
      I knew it!

Last edited by Knottscott; 05-18-2008, 04:54 PM.
      Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Thom2
        Resident BT3Central Research Ass.
        • Jan 2003
        • Stevens, PA, USA.
        • Craftsman 22124

you ARE a packrat .... all I have laying around right now is 2 1/3hp motors from old Delta 24" scrollsaws, a 1hp 3 phase motor, a 3hp 3 phase motor and 3 variable frequency controllers.

My wife thinks I'm bad, now I can tell her I'm an amateur
        If it ain't broke.. don't fix it!!!... but you can always 'hop it up'
        **one and only purchaser of a BT3C official thong**

Comment

• Knottscott
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2004
          • Rochester, NY.
          • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by Thom2
          you ARE a packrat .... all I have laying around right now is 2 1/3hp motors from old Delta 24" scrollsaws, a 1hp 3 phase motor, a 3hp 3 phase motor and 3 variable frequency controllers.

My wife thinks I'm bad, now I can tell her I'm an amateur
          For a rookie, you've got potential though!

Comment

Working...