Computer help please?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Ed62
    The Full Monte
    • Oct 2006
    • 6021
    • NW Indiana
    • BT3K

    #1

    Computer help please?

    I downloaded a stand alone application. I used it once, but after I closed it, I couldn't figure out how to open it again. Doing a search for the filename, I found it in C:/Windows/Prefetch. There are two files. The filenames are doublekiller.exe-OF810532.pf and doublekiller.exe-O61EC163.pf. Can anyone tell me how to open the application? Here's a link to the site I downloaded from http://www.bigbangenterprises.de/en/doublekiller/.

    Ed
    Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

    For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/
  • Rand
    Established Member
    • May 2005
    • 492
    • Vancouver, WA, USA.

    #2
    I went to the site and downloaded doublekiller.zip.

    Unzipping that file shows doublekiller.exe.

    I don't know how you got the .pf files but here is what I would do.

    Create a folder called c:\Program Files\Doublekiller
    Unzip the doublekiller.zip file into the folder above. You should now have c:\Program Files\Doublekiller\doublekiller.exe

    Right click on doublekiller.exe and select create shortcut.
    You can cut and paste the shortcut wherever you wish.

    Hope that helps.
    Rand
    "If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like your thumb."

    Comment

    • Ed62
      The Full Monte
      • Oct 2006
      • 6021
      • NW Indiana
      • BT3K

      #3
      I'll give that a try. Thanks for the reply.

      Ed
      Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

      For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

      Comment

      • Ed62
        The Full Monte
        • Oct 2006
        • 6021
        • NW Indiana
        • BT3K

        #4
        Worked like a charm. Thanks again.

        Ed
        Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

        For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

        Comment

        • Alex Franke
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2007
          • 2641
          • Chapel Hill, NC
          • Ryobi BT3100

          #5
          Originally posted by Ed62
          I downloaded a stand alone application. I used it once, but after I closed it, I couldn't figure out how to open it again. Doing a search for the filename, I found it in C:/Windows/Prefetch. There are two files. The filenames are doublekiller.exe-OF810532.pf and doublekiller.exe-O61EC163.pf. Can anyone tell me how to open the application? Here's a link to the site I downloaded from http://www.bigbangenterprises.de/en/doublekiller/.

          Ed
          After seeing what that application does, I can't help but wonder if it "found and removed" itself.

          The *.pf files ("prefetch" files), by the way, are a Windows XP performance improvement. The operating system uses these files to store disparate blocks of code that an application uses so that it can be run more efficiently the next time around.
          online at http://www.theFrankes.com
          while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
          "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

          Comment

          • Ed62
            The Full Monte
            • Oct 2006
            • 6021
            • NW Indiana
            • BT3K

            #6
            Originally posted by Alex Franke
            The *.pf files ("prefetch" files), by the way, are a Windows XP performance improvement. The operating system uses these files to store disparate blocks of code that an application uses so that it can be run more efficiently the next time around.
            Thanks for the info. Cute kids, by the way.

            Ed
            Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

            For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

            Comment

            Working...