• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mrs. Wallnut
    Bandsaw Box Momma
    • Apr 2005
    • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

Amazing Age

I just got back from a family gathering for my great grandmother who just turned 104 on April 3rd. Most all of the family was there and there were, grandkids, great grandkids and great great grandkids. It is amazing that she is still able to remember things and talk with everyone although at times she is hard to understand but she looked great and looked very happy.

This was taken a couple of years ago and she still looks the same.
    Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

WOW...104...she has no peers (or only a few). She sure looks great . Great family photo.

Comment

• ironhat
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2004
      • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
      • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

WOW, is right!! What a rich memory for the grand and the great grandkids!! I barely recall only one great grandparent. My children had the same situation. The eldest daughter knew a great-grandmother up til the age of three but we had a pic of them together and showed it frequently. At age 30 she says that she still recalls her. Keep the memory alive. If for no one else, for great grandma!
      Blessings,
      Chiz
      Blessings,
      Chiz

Comment

• Pappy
        The Full Monte
        • Dec 2002
        • San Marcos, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 (x2)

That lady doesn't look to be anywhere near 104!
        Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
        Fools because they have to say something.
        Plato

Comment

• Jaden
          Established Member
          • Feb 2006
          • Trenton, MI
          • BT3100

I agree Pappy, the lady looks great for her age, looks like she could still cut a mean rug.

Steve
          "I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis." - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Comment

• ironhat
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2004
            • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
            • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

Originally posted by Jaden
            I agree Pappy, the lady looks great for her age, looks like she could still cut a mean rug.

Steve

I don't know how old you are, Steve, but I'm guessing 50'ish. Not many around who know what "cut a mean rug" actually refers to. For myself, I'm just happy to be walking let alone cutting a rug! LOL!!
            Blessings,
            Chiz

Comment

• Ed62
              The Full Monte
              • Oct 2006
              • NW Indiana
              • BT3K

That's a great family get together. I hope you got a lot of pics. And I agree that she doesn't look anywhere near 104!

Ed
              Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• billwmeyer
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2003
                • Weir, Ks, USA.
                • BT3000

That is great! She does look good and I have seen 70 year olds that looked older. I only remember one great grandparent. He used to take me turtle hunting when I was around 6 or 7 and he was in his 90's. I actually went to his funeral twice. The first time it was his twin brother, but I when I looked in the coffin, I thought it was him. My great grampa died about 6 months later, so it seemed that I went to his funeral twice. If I had a scanner I would post the picture of them together. Identical twins at age 96.

Bill
                "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in."-Kenny Rogers

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
                  Bandsaw Box Momma
                  • Apr 2005
                  • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

This is my grandmother and the kids the same day as the picture was taken of my great grandmother. I think she still looks great also and I believe she is in her mid 70's now.

This grandmother has macular degeneration and is "legally" blind and she still bowls with us every week and during tournaments. We just tell her what pins she has left and she gets them. I am still truly amazed by both of my grandmothers, and hope that I can still do what they do at their age.
                  Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

Working...