• Show
Clear All
  • ironhat
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2004
    • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
    • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

CreditReport.com reduction

This won't apply to eveybody because not everyone needs their services. I signed up for their free month so that I could see the current ratings and get my credit score in preparation for a re-fi of a home equity loan. After the third day I decided that I didn't need it any more and called to cancel, telling the operator my reasons for signing up in the first place. After telling me all that they could do and assuring me that the $11.95/ mo was a flat fee (some are not and charge you per event on your history) he stated that he could reduce that to $6.95 at the end of the free trial. Wow, a 46% reduction in price and I didn't even have a complaint. It's like bartering at a flee market with this and finance rates.
    Blessings,
    Chiz
  • Russianwolf
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
    • One of them there Toy saws

So after you decided you don't need it any more, you're only going to pay $7 instead of $12? For something you don't need?

Of course they offered a reduced rate. $7 for 12 months is better than $12 for 1 month. They want the money, period.

I love playing games with them though. I called Dish Network to sign up after a stint with the Cable company. They told me that since I was a previous customer that the introductory rates didn't apply and that I would have to pay a reinstatement fee to restart the service. The rest of the conversation went something like this:

"That's okay, I'll call Direct TV."

"Sir, Sir, I can waive those fees since you were such a good customer"

"I thought that you might, and those rates."

"yes sir, not a problem. We'll give you the first six months at the reduced rate as advertised"

"Thank you, glad you could keep my business."

"yes, sir, we are here to please."

Isn't competition grand.
    Mike
    Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

• ironhat
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2004
      • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
      • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

Originally posted by Russianwolf
      So after you decided you don't need it any more, you're only going to pay $7 instead of $12? For something you don't need? <snip>
      Naw, I'm not keeping it. I was just posting for anybody who might actually need their services. I'm going to watch the activity on my account for a week or two and then, dump it. BTW, I liked your barter with Dish. It's humerous to listen to them dancing around through their own game.
      Blessings,
      Chiz

Comment

• Russianwolf
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2004
        • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
        • One of them there Toy saws

yeah, they make the rules. I just play better.

honestly, as long as you have an option of going spending your money elsewhere, you have a serious advantage.

The other thing that I forgot to add above is that I refused to agree to a contract term. So I went on a month to month plan that I could cancel at any time (when a better offer came up). They really don't have much choice. Take MY deal, or not get my money.

My wife can't do it. She gets flustered with them and agrees to things. I raise the stakes and see if they will call my bluff. But, am I bluffing?

(Just wish I could play poker so easily)
        Mike
        Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

• MikeMcCoy
          • Nov 2004
          • Moncks Corner, SC, USA.
          • Delta Contractor Saw

That sounds like my experience with my security service at my home. We were doing the initial paperwork and they said... Oh by the way, we can draft the monthly fee directly from your checking account since we don't do hard copy billing anymore. I said that's a deal breaker and tore up the check for the startup. The salesman said, that's not a problem (probably) and called to set up billing. So I wrote out another check and he then pointed out some small print in the contract that said I could go month to month after the initial 24 months but I had to call during the 24th month or the contract would automatically renew for another 24 months. I tore the second check up also and another phone call got me a waiver of the call in requirement faxed to me. If I wasn't getting ready to deploy to Afghanistan, I would have called in another service but....

Comment

Working...