• Show
Clear All
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

This Is A Warning!!

Don't ever complain to a waiter/waitress while ordering food. LOML and I went out for pizza last night. Our initial service stunk and I had a few words with the waiter. I would bet he had a little package of something in his pocket because today I was on can call all day. As I type this, nobody can say I'm full of it.

Makes you wonder what really goes on when you're not looking.
  • Ed62
    The Full Monte
    • Oct 2006
    • NW Indiana
    • BT3K

That'll make you think twice about complaining next time.

Ed
    Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• cabinetman
      Gone but not Forgotten RIP
      • Jun 2006
      • So. Florida
      • Delta

Originally posted by Ed62
      That'll make you think twice about complaining next time.

Ed

You might be right if karma really exists. Maybe next time I'll lace his tip with something!

Comment

• germdoc
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2003
        • Omaha, NE
        • BT3000--the gray ghost

If you were a vindictive person, an anonymous call to the Board of Health might be in order. But hey, maybe there IS an epidemic going on there?
        Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

Comment

• Rand
          Established Member
          • May 2005
          • Vancouver, WA, USA.

I hardly ever send things back in restaurants. I've heard horror stories from friends who worked in restaurants about spitting and worse in people's food.

If it's so bad I don't want to eat it I leave and refuse to pay.
          Rand
          "If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like your thumb."

Comment

• Bruce Cohen
            Veteran Member
            • May 2003
            • Nanuet, NY, USA.
            • BT3100

My mother always told me not to piss off people that are:

1-Serving you food

2-Cutting your hair

3-Doing anything to your body with a sharp instrument

I rest my case

Bruce
            "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
            Samuel Colt did"

Comment

• jackellis
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2003
              • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
              • BT3100

Mike, you need to eat in better restaurants.

Last summer my wife and one of her friends sent food back to be cooked as they'd ordered it. In my wife's case, it took two tries to get it right.

Several weeks ago, we were at the same place with her sister's family. Holiday weekend, very slow service. A few days later, my wife had to pick up a sweatshirt that had been left behind and ran into the former restaurant manager. He wrote her a sizable dinner credit on the spot! I suppose it helps that we've been going to this place for 23 years.

I've been known to get up from the table and flag a waiter down when they're dawdling around.

Barbers. Now they're another story.

Comment

• atgcpaul
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2003
                • Maryland
                • Grizzly 1023SLX

Mu aunt has a porcelain plate in her kitchen that reads:

"Complaining to the chef could be hazardous to your health."

Comment

• rnelson0
                  Established Member
                  • Feb 2008
                  • Midlothian, VA (Richmond)
                  • Firestorm FS2500TS

I hardly ever send things back in restaurants. I've heard horror stories from friends who worked in restaurants about spitting and worse in people's food.
                  While that's surely happened to people, I don't imagine it happens that much. It's easy to say you spit in someone's food to your friends, but do you think many people really do? I can't imagine so.

I complain when my food is improper - cold, prepared incorrectly, totally raw, etc. Unless I had to wait 45 minutes for it and can't afford to wait any more, I always ask them just to make it right, not to get comp'ed. Not that I complain when it happens.

That said, practically everyone I know today was sick, either heaving their guts up or ... sending them out the other end

Comment

• Pappy
                    The Full Monte
                    • Dec 2002
                    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
                    • BT3000 (x2)

At most restaurants the prices have gone out of sight. The cooks and wait staff are providing services that I am paying for. I expect them to do their jobs right the same as my customers expect of me.
                    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
                    Fools because they have to say something.
                    Plato

Comment

• jbrain
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Mar 2007
                      • roseville california
                      • Bt3100

We went to one of my favorite restaurants last weekend. Took an ice cream/cake dessert home. Opened it up and it had a looong hair in it. Politely called them, spoke to the manager, and he had another one delivered in about ten minutes.

Opened it up, started to serve the family, my daughter says, "Look, another hair!" Yikes, called the manager back again, said we don't want another one, thanks. He was very embarassed, and he comped me a pizza. We had the pizza the next night, luckily NO hair this time. I HAD to get "back on the horse" right away as this restaurant has always been good to us. Apparently these "mud pie" type desserts are made ahead of time, the manager said they threw out the whole batch.

Comment

• Pappy
                        The Full Monte
                        • Dec 2002
                        • San Marcos, TX, USA.
                        • BT3000 (x2)

Hair is not uncommon these days. Maybe hair nets should come back in vogue for food services!
                        Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
                        Fools because they have to say something.
                        Plato

Comment

• rja
                          Established Member
                          • Jul 2004
                          • New Kensington, Pennsylvania, USA.
                          • BT3100-1

LOML and I were at a local restaurant here in Pittsburgh. This was a restaurant that had been reviewed a few weeks before in the newspaper and had gotten good reviews. As my wife was eating her dinner something shiny partially embedded in the food caught her eye. She plucked it out and it was a button from some article of clothing, not hers, metal on the underside and fabric covered, with thread from where it had been stitched on still attached. She got her meal for free. We haven't gone back.

Comment

• newbie2wood
                            Established Member
                            • Apr 2004
                            • NJ, USA.

I never complain about the food or service while I'm seated in the restaurant. It may not happen often but having some jerk play with your food does happens.

Many of my family members have worked in eating or food manufacturing establishments in the past. Stories of food contamination are common, usually in response to a customer complaining. I have heard of spitting and sneezing in the food, dropping the food and re-serving it, and putting stuff from the nose in the food.

Many chefs are passionate about their food and are very temperamental.

The last time my wife complained about the food, I refused to eat it after it came back from the kitchen.
                            ________
                            Fantazie
                            Last edited by newbie2wood; 09-15-2011, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Working...