• Show
Clear All
  • Knottscott
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Rochester, NY.
    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Holbren's Service is Amazing!

Credit where credit is due. For the third time in as many orders, Holbren has gone above and beyond to upgrade my order. This time is was a $20 multi-profile router bit. Because he had upgraded the last two orders, and because I mistakenly took the BT310 discount on the $20 router sets last year, I thought I'd skip the member discount this time as repayment, but he spotted my order and applied the discount anyway!

The order before that he sent an entire set of thumbnail bits when I had only ordered a single thumbnail bit. I didn't even realize that he had the sets for a few dollars more....he just sent it!

Prior to that order, he was out of stock on a handsaw, so he sent an email and offered to upgrade to the next size up for free.

It's hard not remain loyal to service like that.
    Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.
  • TB Roye
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Sacramento, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

I agree, Brain's customer service is great and his products and prices are hard to beat. In the past month I ordered an Amana 10" Blade that was on sale, sweet. Just recently I ordered 2 Whiteside bits that Nahm used in his Kitchen Cabinet show. With the BT3 discount and free shipping I couldn't have bought them any place else cheaper. Beside they were here in 4 days. I have bought some of Holbrin's bit sets and am happy with them also. He has a good selection of products in various price ranges so you should be able to find something to buy. Thanks again Brian for your great store.

Tom

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

He has the right formula for building a business and propagating satisfied customers. He hasn't forgotten what it's like to be one of us... Way to go, Brian!

Comment

• MikeMcCoy
        • Nov 2004
        • Moncks Corner, SC, USA.
        • Delta Contractor Saw

He is hard to beat. A couple of years ago I bought a bit set that evidently had one bit with a high fail rate. I used it all the time with no problem but about 6 months after I originally purchased, I received a replacement bit in the mail.

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

I just recieved an Amana 20 T Euro rip blade to back up my current one. The full price was as cheap as anyone's including carbide dot com and Holbren's offers free shipping which carbide doesn't. I "told" Brian to not apply the discount as I did not want to cut into their profit margin.

He insisted.. I told him No.. back and forth until I got tired of telling him no. The blade arrived with the discount and with free shipping and that.. made it the best price period as I searced for several days. Even without the discount.. the free shipping would have put it under everybody.

You earn respect.... he will get it from me....

Comment

• Ed62
            The Full Monte
            • Oct 2006
            • NW Indiana
            • BT3K

Originally posted by Uncle Cracker
            He has the right formula for building a business and propagating satisfied customers. [/I][/B]... Way to go, Brian!
            You got that right.

Ed
            Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• softop41
              Established Member
              • Jul 2004
              • Plainfield, IL, USA.
              • BT3100-1

Another vote for Brian's way of doing business - good products, very fair prices and outstanding customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              I, too, had one of the router bit sets for plywood at the time he was having issues with the 1/4" bit; we corresponded about it, tried a couple of things and when he resolved it to his satisfaction, I received the 'new and improved' bit.
              Holbren is the first place I go when I need a cutting tool, although, I haven't needed much since I started devoting most of my time to turning.
              Jerry Pittman
              Jerry
              Making High Quality Sawdust in Northeast Plainfield

Comment

• rmcjh
                Forum Newbie
                • Oct 2003
                • Waxahachie, Texas, USA.

Holbren

I'm not sure this is correct but is his web site "Holbren.com"? If it is, how does one go about using the BT3 code for the discount?
                roger

Comment

• Knottscott
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2004
                  • Rochester, NY.
                  • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by rmcjh
                  I'm not sure this is correct but is his web site "Holbren.com"? If it is, how does one go about using the BT3 code for the discount?
                  Type "BT310" in the discount code or comment field. If he's got other promotions going that can't be combined, sometimes he needs to turn off the automatic discount code calculations, but the discount should still get applied after the order is placed. If there's ever an issue with the discount or a product, he'll make it right.
                  Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• mater
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2004
                    • SC, USA.

I have always gotten great service, deals and products from Brian.
                    Ken aka "mater"

" People may doubt what you say but they will never doubt what you do "

Ken's Den

Comment

• poolhound
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 2006
                      • Phoenix, AZ
                      • BT3100

I second, third, forth....... all the coments about the great customer service from Holbren. This is the way all businesses should run.
                      Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
                      techzibits.com

Comment

• jhart
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 2004
                        • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
                        • BT3100

Agree with the above comments. Great job Brian!! And I notice it's your birthday today. Hoist a couple for all of us.
                        Joe
                        "All things are difficult before they are easy"

Comment

• Holbren
                          • Oct 2004
                          • Heathrow, FL.

Thanks all for the kind words. It's not product I sell, you can get that anywhere, it's the service. Repeat business is key to any retail operation and I do appreciate the support I've received on BT3.

As far as the discount code, it is "BT310" and I upgraded the website so I can make it work with certain product or exclude certain products. Right now it will not work on Norton but everything else. The other difference is the discount is taken off the product price, not off the total like it used to be.

Thanks again
                          Brian
                          Holbren, Whiteside, LRH, Ridge, Tenryu, Norton
                          "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
                          www.holbren.com

Comment

• Knottscott
                            Veteran Member
                            • Dec 2004
                            • Rochester, NY.
                            • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by jhart
                            Agree with the above comments. Great job Brian!! And I notice it's your birthday today. Hoist a couple for all of us.
                            Good call...."Happy Birthday" Brian!

Comment

Working...