Last week I volunteered to handle the website for my kids' elementary school, and am already feeling the school's pain. The school has contracted (since last year, much before I came aboard) with somebody who's trying to corner the market by offering 'cheap' and 'easy', and I am not convinced it's either.
Turns out they use Joomla, a first for me. When I first heard 'Content Mgmt System', I thought it'd be easy. But - not so. I mean for the administrator/content-manager, less for the casual browser.
The navigation is confusing, to put it mildly, and I am assuming this has to do more with the programmer who has setup the framework rather than Joomla.
Also, while entering content, you need to know intermediate to advanced html; no wonder most of the current content is a huge mish-mash
.
for the look-and-feel too, it's not the best. eg - the programmer has restricted the screen size to 900x600 resolution, and says he can't change it because it would affect all the other schools. leaves me wondering if Joomla is that restrictive?
Turns out they use Joomla, a first for me. When I first heard 'Content Mgmt System', I thought it'd be easy. But - not so. I mean for the administrator/content-manager, less for the casual browser.
The navigation is confusing, to put it mildly, and I am assuming this has to do more with the programmer who has setup the framework rather than Joomla.
Also, while entering content, you need to know intermediate to advanced html; no wonder most of the current content is a huge mish-mash
.for the look-and-feel too, it's not the best. eg - the programmer has restricted the screen size to 900x600 resolution, and says he can't change it because it would affect all the other schools. leaves me wondering if Joomla is that restrictive?

Comment