• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • big tim
    • Mar 2006
    • Scarborough, Toronto,Canada
    • SawStop PCS

Cut List

I am looking for a simple cut list program that allows me to move parts around in a layout. I have CutlistPlus by Bridgewood Design, but is does not allow me to move parts within a layout page or from one layout page to another. It does have a lot of stuff that I don't need; cost calculations, banding etc, etc.
    I frequently find that it would help if I could make some minor alterations in the layout of parts. CutlistPlus does not allow me to do that.
    Any suggestions!

Tim
    Sometimes my mind wanders. It's always come back though......sofar!
  • jackd942
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2007
    • Bragg City, MO
    • Craftsman 21829

Try this

Try this link. This is a free program and I use it all the time. Not nearly as full featured as some of the others, but for the price you can't beat it.

http://delphiforfun.org/Programs/CutList.htm

PS. You can manually arrange parts in the sheet. A little quirky at first, but nice once you get used to it.

--Jack

Comment

• cwithboat
      • Jan 2008
      • 47deg54.3'N 122deg34.7'W
      • Craftsman Pro 21829

Thanks Jack,
      I downloaded and tried this and it looks like a helpful addition.
      regards,
      Charlie
      A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke.
      Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• big tim
        • Mar 2006
        • SawStop PCS

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the link. I downloaded it yesterday, played around with it for a while, I saw where you can do a manual layout, but unless I'm missing something, I couldn't find a way to make any changes to the computer generated layout.
        Comments?

Tim

Comment

• jackd942
          Forum Newbie
          • Dec 2007
          • Bragg City, MO
          • Craftsman 21829

Manually arranging parts

Originally posted by big tim
          Hi Jack,

Thanks for the link. I downloaded it yesterday, played around with it for a while, I saw where you can do a manual layout, but unless I'm missing something, I couldn't find a way to make any changes to the computer generated layout.
          Comments?

Tim
          Tim,

I don't believe you can manually arrange parts after you let the computer generate the solution. If you want to do it manually then you have to lay it all out. Again, kinda quirky and not as full featured as some others, but still a nice small free program for getting a visual on what cuts you want to make. I have used others, but I seem to always go back to this one just because it doesn't have all the other stuff I don't need in it.

Jack

Comment

• gjat
            • Nov 2005
            • Valrico (Tampa), Florida.
            • BT3100

Originally posted by jackd942
            Tim,

I don't believe you can manually arrange parts after you let the computer generate the solution. If you want to do it manually then you have to lay it all out. Again, kinda quirky and not as full featured as some others, but still a nice small free program for getting a visual on what cuts you want to make. I have used others, but I seem to always go back to this one just because it doesn't have all the other stuff I don't need in it.

Jack
            I downloaded it and tried it out. I love it! It's exactly what I wanted. You can manually move parts around after the computer generates a solution. Just click on Manual, and all the pieces can be dragged and dropped to the sheet. You can try it with the varous options (cross cut, rip, combo), print it out, and use them as a reference to lay out.

Comment

• radhak
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2006
              • Miramar, FL
              • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

After trying it out for a hour or so, I am impressed. At least it allows me to change my mind any number of times!

I wish the 'save' buttons would work though - every time i need to go back to the setup screen (say, to add another part), i lose all the manual placements. The save and load buttons don't seem to do anything.

Also, would have been great if it'd allow for manual tweaks to the automatic solution.

But still, a nice play toy.
              It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
              - Aristotle

Comment

• big tim
                • Mar 2006
                • SawStop PCS

Originally posted by gjat
                I downloaded it and tried it out. I love it! It's exactly what I wanted. You can manually move parts around after the computer generates a solution. Just click on Manual, and all the pieces can be dragged and dropped to the sheet. You can try it with the varous options (cross cut, rip, combo), print it out, and use them as a reference to lay out.
                I'm looking all over the place but I can't find a 'MANUAL' to click on.
                Can you be more specific. Are you saying that it is possible to manually make changes to a computer generated layout with this program. In other words move parts around within the layout?
                Thanks

Tim

Comment

• radhak
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2006
                  • Miramar, FL
                  • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Originally posted by big tim
                  I'm looking all over the place but I can't find a 'MANUAL' to click on.
                  Can you be more specific. Are you saying that it is possible to manually make changes to a computer generated layout with this program. In other words move parts around within the layout?
                  Thanks

Tim
                  Below the button that says 'find a solution', is another button that says 'Arrange parts manually'. Click on it and play with the various parts to your hearts content .

HTH.
                  It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
                  - Aristotle

Comment

Working...