X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MilDoc

Upgrading the HF OBD-II Code Reader ...

If you bought the HF OBD-II code reader mentioned in this post:

http://www.bt3central.com/showthread...&highlight=OBD

(I did), at least in my box there was a USB cable for upgrading the unit, but no instructions on where or how to do this.

I emailed HF and finally got an answer. The unit is the same as the Geniscan GS400 manufactured by Autel:

http://auteltech.com/gs400.htm

Click on Support at the top of the page and you can download the driver for the VAG-COM USB cable. The DTC library is also downloadable but it appears to be the same that came on the CD with the unit.

When and if upgrades are available for the unit thet will be posted on the site. But don't expect any notification of this.
  • Uncle Cracker
    The Full Monte
    • May 2007
    • Sunshine State
    • BT3000

Good catch, Paul. That info could prove useful down the road.

Comment

• TB Roye
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Sacramento, CA, USA.
      • BT3100

Bought it this morning. They price matched the Catalogue price. My Toyota had set a code awhile ago. Ran the scan came up with a couple of codes, cleared the codes and went for a drive for 30 minuets (ran erands) came back and ran scan, came up with one code "coolant temp not up the Thermostat Control level" in other words running cool or the thermostat is stuck open and not getting the coolant up to the 195 degF so it can open. The check engine light did not come on again. I think the original problem was a leaky gas cap whick I changed a while ago. I feel the scanner paid for it's self already. I will drive the truck and see if it turns on the check engine light again. My closest store move to a new location and now it is a pleasure to go ther everything is clean and neat and easy to find plenty of signage over the aisles and the place is nicely set up. I think it is under a differnt manager or owner. Once again BT3 Central has saved me money and given me a new tool to play with. I swore when I retired I would not mess with the cars any more but the cost of some services is makeing me rethink that. I can still do some work if I choose and running the scanner is one.

Tom

Comment

Working...