This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeffG78
    replied
    While the Navy one has the better colors, there is something classy about Marine One. I would go with that one and buy the Tricky Dick action figure to pose with it.

Leave a comment:

• lrogers
    replied
    I like the S-58! The picture on the lower right is a turbine conversion. The intakes make it look like a gorillia's nose!
    A guy on the helo forum, Run Ryder, just posted a picture of German SAR S-58. Very cool! I also have a picture of a German Sea King, but that paint job would be a killer to duplicate.

Leave a comment:

• ironhat
    replied
    GO NAVY!!!!

Leave a comment:

• guycox
    replied
    Paint Scheme from the TV Show RipTide

It was a Sikorsky S-58T -- but it had a really cool paint scheme --

http://www.rotaryaction.com/pages/riptide.html

Leave a comment:

• lrogers
    replied
    VERY cool! Guess you really can find everything and anything on the web.

Count now stands at 38 votes for Navy SAR and 23 for Maine One.

You navy guys ARE very vocal (not just here, on the other sites I posted this as well).

Are you Marines going to stand for this???????

Leave a comment:

• Crash2510
    replied
    Originally posted by lrogers
    Phil,
    I've thought about making that door operational, but where could I get a scale model of "tricky Dick"?
    here now im definately for marine one

http://www.toypresidents.com/view_pr...ash.asp?pid=12

Leave a comment:

• Mrs. Wallnut
    replied
    I am going to chime in here. I like the Navy one for the colors but since I have a nephew who is a Marine, and serving in Iraq. I am going to say the Marine one. Actually he is not a "real" nephew, but calls me Auntie and I have known him for quite a while now. So to support him and his fellow Marines I am going to say the Marine one. Plus I like the looks of the colors and the fact that it carries around important people.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Cracker
    replied
    Build one airframe, and two bodies...

Leave a comment:

• lrogers
    replied
    I'm afraid that would result in serious bodily harm to me! Besides, no one would see it shoved "where the sun don't shine".

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Cracker
    replied
    Suck it up, build 'em both.

Leave a comment:

• cabinetman
    replied
    I vote for the Navy SAR.

Leave a comment:

• lrogers
    replied
    Interesting voting demographics at work here.
    BT3 family overwhelmingly in favor of Navy SAR
    Local R/C club favor Marine one
    Non Bt3 family/friends - evenly split!

Looks like it's still going to be tough decision!

Anna,
    Weight is kept down buy use of lots of carbon fiber and epoxy glass. One of the reasons I traded my Freya for the Vigor (this will be the "heart of the machine") was because the Vigor had carbon fiber main frames and weighed a full pound less. If you go to www.youtube.com and do a search for rchelopilot, there are a couple of videos of my other scale helo, a Hughes 500D.

Phil,
    I've thought about making that door operational, but where could I get a scale model of "tricky Dick"?

Tom,
    There is a a REALLY nice MH-53 available and it is a beast! It can fly with a 26cc engine, but really needs a turbine to swing that 6 blade head with authority. This a kit that would be approaching $10-12 grand to build. I think there are three being built in this country right now.

Keep those votes coming!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• TheRic
    replied
    I like them both, can see why you are having trouble picking. I would pick Marine One for the simple reason the black bottom would be easy to see against clouds (partial clouds, haze, clear sky, etc) verses the white bottom of the Navy Rescue.

Note: I know nothing about RC flying, just makes sense to me.

Leave a comment:

• footprintsinconc
    replied
    navy ... the while and red one. the colors seem more alive.

Leave a comment:

• gerti
    replied
    Navy......

Leave a comment:

Working...