Mike

Drywall screws are not wood screws

Comment

• LinuxRandal
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Independence, MO, USA.
      • bt3100

I am into watching sports, like most people are into collecting serial killer cards (not at ALL).
      The way I was raised, you don't live your life vicariously through others, but you can learn from them (meaning don't make your life around one thing, but don't be afraid to learn from others who learn lessons the hard way). Since I was no more then average at anything I was stuck in, I have no interest in it.
      Now most of the time it po's me that people keep coming up and asking your opinion of the game, score, did you see that, etc. It really peeves me to go to a store, to buy something and all the help is standing around the tv or radio, and refusing to help while this is on (then take the bloody day off).
      Now because football (and other sports), interest me in the least, I have had others TRY to get my interest up. I also po'd some coworkers, because I am not. In one instance I was asked to take some stuff to our local football stadium, and given a tour, and asked if I wanted to hold this trophy (I believe it was a superbowl trophy), from Mr. Hunts suite.
      I have also been told stories, or asked if I wanted to attend games in peoples box suites, because I will listen to their stories without bothering them for autographs, etc.

It has always amazed me, how those who can't do it, lives revolve around sports, and yet one friend of mine, freaked when he met another friend of mine (big baseball fan), because they were in spring training together, long time ago, when the one friend threw out his arm, and I never knew it.
      You take the tube, I can go get supplies and not fight idiots out shopping, and can get some stuff done.
      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• wardprobst
        • Jan 2006
        • Wichita Falls, TX, USA.
        • Craftsman 22811

Didn't watch the game, other things to do. Not sure about the unamerican part but whatever floats the boat.
        DP
        www.wardprobst.com

Comment

• gsmittle
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2004
          • St. Louis, MO, USA.
          • BT 3100

Originally posted by Ed62
          I'm not a big football fan, but I'll watch the Super Bowl. It's not that I don't watch a little football, it's just that it's not baseball.

Ed
          So I'm a day late. I went to Lowe's during the game last night--I was the only person there, except for one very bored cashier. The place echoed.

Only 10 more days until pitchers and catchers report....

g.
          Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
          Bill & Ted

Comment

• Ed62
            The Full Monte
            • Oct 2006
            • NW Indiana
            • BT3K

Originally posted by gsmittle
            Only 10 more days until pitchers and catchers report....
            Sunday, I watched the Super Bowl. Yesterday, I watched my DVD of the 2005World Series. Glad I've got it because I don't expect a lot from the Sox this year unless they can get more help.

Ed
            Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

Working...