X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greglwood
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2007

Birmingham AL

Looking to see if there is anyone else in or around the Birmingham AL area.

Greg
  • dewi1219
    Established Member
    • Dec 2005
    • Birmingham, AL

Yeah - I'm in Oak Grove. Where are you?
    Scott

Comment

• greglwood
      Forum Newbie
      • Feb 2007

Oneonta (Blount County)

Comment

• nadz
        Forum Newbie
        • Dec 2005
        • Rocket City, AL, USA.

bama

im in huntsville (madison)
        -----------------------------------------------------------------
        Proudly piddling in my garage shop | BT3K, Rigid 10" CMS, Rigid 12" Planer, HF Jointer

Comment

• JSUPreston
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2005
          • Montgomery, AL.
          • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

Montgomery.
          "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• dewi1219
            Established Member
            • Dec 2005
            • Birmingham, AL

Since we're all together here now, does anyone know a good lumber source anywhere in the area? I'm having a terrible time finding anybody with decent quality and reasonable prices.

Comment

• greglwood
              Forum Newbie
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by dewi1219
              Since we're all together here now, does anyone know a good lumber source anywhere in the area? I'm having a terrible time finding anybody with decent quality and reasonable prices.
              Wow,
              Thats exactly why I started this thread. I thought maybe we could all compare notes on local resources, etc.

Greg

Comment

• JSUPreston
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2005
                • Montgomery, AL.
                • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

Honestly, I've been getting most of mine at the BORG or the big blue store. Then again, I haven't needed very much the past two years, since I was finally finishing my college degree.
                "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Comment

• greglwood
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by JSUPreston
                  Honestly, I've been getting most of mine at the BORG or the big blue store. Then again, I haven't needed very much the past two years, since I was finally finishing my college degree.
                  I just recently move here from Chattanooga but I can tell you the rates between BORG and Big Blue and the local supply place I used there were huge. 2 - 3 times if you bought more than 100 LBF.

Comment

• JSUPreston
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2005
                    • Montgomery, AL.

True. At least you have a Woodcraft store. In case you didn't know, it's in Pelham. One exit south of the Valleydale Road exit on I-65.

Comment

• nadz
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Dec 2005
                      • Rocket City, AL, USA.

sawmills

there are a couple of sawmills in the northern part of the state,

one in limestone county and i believe there is a sawmill in scottsboro that sells to the general public and has some exotic plywood...

there are also a couple of retired sawmill guys here in huntsville...they have a little stock, mostly sell to hobbyists like myself, keeps me from having to buy from the bigger stores..
                      -----------------------------------------------------------------
                      Proudly piddling in my garage shop | BT3K, Rigid 10" CMS, Rigid 12" Planer, HF Jointer

Comment

• greglwood
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by JSUPreston
                        True. At least you have a Woodcraft store. In case you didn't know, it's in Pelham. One exit south of the Valleydale Road exit on I-65.
                        Yes, I been to it several times, even when I was living in Chattanooga. I mostly order and have delivered except for lumber. The Pelham store is still about an hours drive one way for me.

Greg

Comment

Working...