• Show
Clear All
  • downtheroad
    Forum Newbie
    • Mar 2007
    • So. California
    • Ryobi BT3000

Woodworking Channel

I know the Woodworking Channel has been down for quite a while now. Went there http://www.thewoodworkingchannel.com/ to see if anything was going on and saw this:
    Tony
  • final_t
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2003

Yup, been like that for a while now. Good thing that I had always kept the direct video link bookmarked to bypass the junk they littered the page with (plus the really annoying intro). It's probably on a loop, but since I only watch it on occasion, I can't really tell.

Copy and paste this into your Windows Media Player (file->open url), see if it works for you.

http://viewers.multicastmedia.com/vi...&rndNumber=118

Comment

• MilDoc

Got an email today that TWWC is back up. Much better site than the old one:

http://www.woodworkingchannel.com/dolphin/index.php

Comment

• big tim
        • Mar 2006
        • Scarborough, Toronto,Canada
        • SawStop PCS

[quote=MilDoc;333821]Got an email today that TWWC is back up. Much be........

So did I!

Tim
        Sometimes my mind wanders. It's always come back though......sofar!

Comment

• Sid
          Established Member
          • Apr 2004
          • Bloomington, IL, USA.
          • Craftsman 22124

I spent the whole evening yesterday watching all 13 episodes of "Sam Maloof, A Woodworking Experience," and recommend it highly. He's an amazing, inspirational man!

Sid

Comment

• Bruce Cohen
            Veteran Member
            • May 2003
            • Nanuet, NY, USA.
            • BT3100

Tony,

Thanks for the link & heads up. Just joined and amazed by the Maloof videos.

Bruce
            "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
            Samuel Colt did"

Comment

• Wood_workur
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2005
              • Ohio
              • Ryobi bt3100-1

I like this new layout.... I don't have to schedule time to watch an episode. Its all on demand now!
              Alex

Comment

• downtheroad
                Forum Newbie
                • Mar 2007
                • So. California
                • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by Sid
                I spent the whole evening yesterday watching all 13 episodes of "Sam Maloof, A Woodworking Experience," and recommend it highly. He's an amazing, inspirational man!

Sid
                Back in the 80's, a friend of mine called me and asked if I wanted to go with him and take a tour of Sam Maloof's home. Being a fan of his work and familiar with the importance of his contribution to the craft, of course I said yes.

We were like two kids in a toy store. In all of our excitement, we were in total awe at his craftsmanship and designs.

If you are in S. Ca. and interested in taking a tour, I highly recommend it. In fact, I've been planning to go back and see it in its new location.
                http://malooffoundation.org/tours.cfm

I kept checking in on the WooodworkingChannel site several times a day to see when its new format would be on. After several weeks of delay, I was sort of surprised when I finally saw the new site up. I agree with the consensus, the new site is so much nicer and being able to watch the programs on your own schedule, and not theirs, is great.
                Tony

Comment

Working...