• Show
Clear All
  • TB Roye
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Sacramento, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

Autobaun Accident

A Friend of mine sent me this picture of a high speed accident in Germany. The distruction is terrible. Not for the faint of heart or women and childern. look at your own risk

Tom
    Last edited by TB Roye; 01-18-2008, 07:12 PM.
  • JR
    The Full Monte
    • Feb 2004
    • Eugene, OR
    • BT3000

Pretty funny! It's pretty rare, though. I can tell you from exprience that beer trucks get a great deal of deference from the other drivers. I don't know if they are doing it out of respect, or if they assume the driver has been sampling the wares!

JR
    JR

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

A tragic scene... I wish I had been there to administer CPR...

Comment

• Ed62
        The Full Monte
        • Oct 2006
        • NW Indiana
        • BT3K

I can't bear to look. How bad is it?

Ed
        Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• crokett
          The Full Monte
          • Jan 2003
          • Mebane, NC, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3000

A lot of casualties Ed. Unfortunately most of the victims died at the scene.
          David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• MilDoc

Originally posted by crokett
            A lot of casualties Ed. Unfortunately most of the victims died at the scene.
            Ah, but picking up the survivors would have been fun!

Comment

• chopnhack
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2006
              • Florida
              • Ryobi BT3100

the beer!!!!!
              I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• gsmittle
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2004
                • St. Louis, MO, USA.
                • BT 3100

Oh, the carnage! Oh, the humanity!

That reminds me.... I'm thirsty....

g.
                Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
                Bill & Ted

Comment

• Tom Slick
                  Veteran Member
                  • May 2005
                  • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
                  • sears BT3 clone

That's Dutch beer, the Germans were probably just throwing it out!

If that were in the US it would smell like 10000 skunks! grolsch beer stinks by the time it gets here.
                  Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

• cabinetman
                    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
                    • Jun 2006
                    • So. Florida
                    • Delta

That picture gives the term Drop Shipped a whole new meaning.

Comment

• gugie
                      Established Member
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Redwood City, CA, USA.
                      • BT3000

I was working in Dresden, Germany for a couple of weeks, and saw something similar. My hotel was in the center of town, had to drive about 10 km outside daily. On the way back one evening, a beer truck was pulled over to the side of the road, with minor damage, but the back had popped open. It looked roughly the same. The funny thing is that just beyond the truck there was a 6 car pile-up! Looks like the first guy in line saw this as an opportunity to be a good samaritan and save some unopened bottles from certain death, and slammed on his brakes without looking back!

Going in to work the next morning a lot of my German friends were laughing and crying about it, showing both their sense of humor and reverance for the dearly departed. We had a little wake after work, perhaps with some of the survivors (the brand from the disaster was accurately remembered by all).

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                        The Full Monte
                        • May 2007
                        • Sunshine State
                        • BT3000

Now, before I go any further, let me state for the record that there are exceptions to what I'm about to postulate, but has anybody noticed that there seems to be a decided gender barrier among beer lovers? I've known some gals that could tip a cold brew with the best of us guys (God love 'em), but beer appreciation definitely seems to prevail more among the guys. I've always wondered if it was a cultural thing or a genetic one. Any theories?

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
                          Bandsaw Box Momma
                          • Apr 2005
                          • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

Originally posted by Uncle Cracker
                          Now, before I go any further, let me state for the record that there are exceptions to what I'm about to postulate, but has anybody noticed that there seems to be a decided gender barrier among beer lovers? I've known some gals that could tip a cold brew with the best of us guys (God love 'em), but beer appreciation definitely seems to prevail more among the guys. I've always wondered if it was a cultural thing or a genetic one. Any theories?
                          Yeah I have a theory...call it something with a "chick" name and more women would drink beer..

Shortly after I turned 21 I could sure hoist a few with the best of the local area farmers that I knew. And more than likely out drink them. But now after about 14 years and 13 yrs of marriage and 3 kids, oh and working a graveyard shift where I have to deal with "drunks" all the time. I don't drink very much. I usually sleep.

Speaking of beer has anyone heard of the new Budweiser beer. We are now carrying it at my store, its "clamato"? I have it in the 24 oz cans and the 16 oz. 6 packs...I am not brave enough to try it.
                          Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                            The Full Monte
                            • May 2007
                            • Sunshine State
                            • BT3000

Originally posted by Mrs. Wallnut
                            Speaking of beer has anyone heard of the new Budweiser beer. We are now carrying it at my store, its "clamato"? I have it in the 24 oz cans and the 16 oz. 6 packs...I am not brave enough to try it.
                            Isn't "Clamato" a V8-like vegetable drink with clam juice in it? I bet there's a legal battle over that one.

Comment

• Tom Slick
                              Veteran Member
                              • May 2005
                              • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
                              • sears BT3 clone

Originally posted by Uncle Cracker
                              Isn't "Clamato" a V8-like vegetable drink with clam juice in it? I bet there's a legal battle over that one.

It's budwieser and clamatoŽ premixed. apparently it was too complicated to concoct on its own.
                              http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/29/37389
                              Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

Working...