• Show
Clear All
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

American Idol

Yep it has started again. Said it before and I will say it again. The normal looking ones are the good singers. Anybody with a gimmick is just terrible.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • Crash2510
    • Feb 2006
    • North Central Ohio

agreed the people with "props" can't sing
    If they think they need to dress crazy or in a stupid costume they are probably only doing it for the 15 seconds of fame
    Phil In Ohio
    The basement woodworker

Comment

• JoeyGee
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2005
      • Sylvania, OH, USA.
      • BT3100-1

I've always thought that after the second or third season, most of those awful singers have to be plants. No one that bad is that delusional.

BTW, shouldn't you rename yourself Tubbs now, Crockett? Next, I need to see a Phil Collins avatar...
      Joe

Comment

• crokett
        The Full Monte
        • Jan 2003
        • Mebane, NC, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by JoeyGee
        BTW, shouldn't you rename yourself Tubbs now, Crockett? Next, I need to see a Phil Collins avatar...
        I don't think I can. Hadn't thought about Phil Collins.
        David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
          The Full Monte
          • May 2007
          • Sunshine State
          • BT3000

Obviously, they plant some terrible ones in there for "entertainment value"... As many hundreds as they audition, if they wanted a show full of real talent, they could easily do it. It's really a shame, too, because there are many gifted folks out there who could really use a break, but they don't get it, in favor of some delusional, tone-deaf idiots who should've remained in "the home".

Comment

• billwmeyer
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2003
            • Weir, Ks, USA.
            • BT3000

I agree, almost everyone with weird costumes etc, stink. A couple of years ago, there was one girl who rode around on a scooter, and she was pretty good. She made it to Hollywood, but didn't make the cut.

I haven't looked forward to Idol this year like I did last. I hope it turns out with good talent and a good competition, with no Sanjai like character.

Bill
            "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in."-Kenny Rogers

Comment

• kirkroy
              Established Member
              • Feb 2007
              • Brunswick, MD

I know quite a few people who stop watching once the weird ones have been eliminated. I don't watch the show at all myself...

Comment

• cabinetman
                Gone but not Forgotten RIP
                • Jun 2006
                • So. Florida
                • Delta

Originally posted by crokett
                I don't think I can. Hadn't thought about Phil Collins.

You should change your avatar back to this:

Then go on American Idol and sing this song:
                http://www.geocities.com/toppsgreen/03Song.html

Comment

• ejs1097
                  Established Member
                  • Mar 2005
                  • Pittsburgh, PA, USA.

Originally posted by billwmeyer
                  I agree, almost everyone with weird costumes etc, stink. A couple of years ago, there was one girl who rode around on a scooter, and she was pretty good. She made it to Hollywood, but didn't make the cut.

I haven't looked forward to Idol this year like I did last. I hope it turns out with good talent and a good competition, with no Sanjai like character.

Bill
                  "Scooter Girl"'s gimick must have worked, she's probably the only person I recall out of all the past seasons as well. I personally get tired of all the 'stupid' acts very quickly and get bored after 2 episodes. Then I don't have much interest until the final 10-8 or so. That's one show I don't control the remote on so I usually resign to watching it anyway.

Although it underminds the whole show, I liked the 'vote for the worse' last year with Sanjai. Let's face it, it helped the ratings and the people getting voted off weren't going to make it to the final 3-4 anyway.

Anyone else notice how Simon seemed to be more sympathic? At least with the acts they aired. I saw a 60 minute interview with him and he said they did the show only as a vehicle to sell more records, and the show took off by itself.
                  Eric
                  Be Kind Online

Comment

• Hellrazor
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2003
                    • Abyss, PA
                    • Ridgid R4512

I watch the show to see how bad the initial tryouts are. Once they get past that I quit watching. It is like some kind of freak show...

Comment

Working...