Itunes question

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ryanps
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2006
    • 68
    • Maumee, Ohio
    • ShopFox W1677

    #1

    Itunes question

    (Those of you who use Itunes)
    Wasn't sure where to post my question which is:

    Can I take Video Podcasts and burn them to a DVD which I can then play in the DVD player which is hooked up to my television? (I don't really like watching videos on computer screen and also not on my Ipod.)

    Currently Itunes only recognizes my Cd burner and not my DVD burner. Can't find where I can change this (if at all).

    I am trying to eliminate two steps in my process. Currently I download the Video Podcast (in this case the Woodsmith videos that I want to watch). Then I transfer to my Ipod. Hook the IPod up to my TV and watch the episode while simultaneously using my DVD recorder on the television to record the show onto a DVD. Like I said, if I could skip the last two steps that would be great.

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Regards,
    Ryan
  • JoeyGee
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • 1509
    • Sylvania, OH, USA.
    • BT3100-1

    #2
    Ryan, did you know Woodsmith is on Channel 27 (BG's PBS) Saturdays at 4?
    Joe

    Comment

    • ryanps
      Forum Newbie
      • Dec 2006
      • 68
      • Maumee, Ohio
      • ShopFox W1677

      #3
      Now I do. I will set my DVD recorder to record that time. Do you know if it is the same content as their itunes video podcast? There are a couple of episodes I have already downloaded and for sure want to watch like how to properly square up your lumber and a router table episode. Do you know if we get Norm in our area? All it said in the paper on Sunday was "Various programming? Thanks,
      Ryan

      Comment

      • JoeyGee
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2005
        • 1509
        • Sylvania, OH, USA.
        • BT3100-1

        #4
        I don't know about the content of the show. I just discovered it last Saturday. I have not watched it yet, but it's on my DVR. Norm is on Channel 30 at 12:30 and 27 at 1:00 (I think). American Woodshop, Hometime and Woodwright's shop are in there, too.

        www.wgte.org

        www.wbgu.org

        Check the above for up to date schedules.
        Joe

        Comment

        • leehljp
          The Full Monte
          • Dec 2002
          • 8803
          • Tunica, MS
          • BT3000/3100

          #5
          Originally posted by ryanps
          (Those of you who use Itunes)
          Wasn't sure where to post my question which is:

          Can I take Video Podcasts and burn them to a DVD which I can then play in the DVD player which is hooked up to my television? (I don't really like watching videos on computer screen and also not on my Ipod.)

          Currently Itunes only recognizes my Cd burner and not my DVD burner. Can't find where I can change this (if at all).
          Any help is greatly appreciated.

          Regards,
          Ryan
          "Toast" and "PopCorn" by Roxio will do this - I think this is what you are asking.
          http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/po.../overview.html
          Hank Lee

          Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

          Comment

          • ryanps
            Forum Newbie
            • Dec 2006
            • 68
            • Maumee, Ohio
            • ShopFox W1677

            #6
            Originally posted by leehljp
            "Toast" and "PopCorn" by Roxio will do this - I think this is what you are asking.
            http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/po.../overview.html
            Thanks Hank, I will look into that.

            I've been wanting to ask you if you speak Japanese being that you live in Japan. I ask because I am in the language business (work for a translation company) and its always interesting to find out what other languages people can speak.

            Regards,
            Ryan

            Comment

            • leehljp
              The Full Monte
              • Dec 2002
              • 8803
              • Tunica, MS
              • BT3000/3100

              #7
              Originally posted by ryanps
              Thanks Hank, I will look into that.

              I've been wanting to ask you if you speak Japanese being that you live in Japan. I ask because I am in the language business (work for a translation company) and its always interesting to find out what other languages people can speak.
              Regards,
              Ryan
              Yes I speak, read and write Japanese. I used to read and write more but that has gone down hill for the last 10 years as I let others do that. My Japanese level is not translation quality but it I am able to communicate fairly well. (As a missionary, I visit and speak in many churches - in Japanese.) I have a little hearing problem that causes me to have to ask for a repeat of what was said quite often. Subtle sounds make a BIG difference in meaning!

              I once agreed to have our septic tanks pumped out because I didn't have a clue as to what my neighbor was talking about and I just kept saying "yes, yes, OK." (Japanese for that would be "hai, hai, mmmm.) No one ever taught me septic tank talk!

              I also know how to argue mildly to government officials that do dumb things! It gets interesting at times.

              LOML and I work together most of the time. She is GREAT in Japanese and there is hardly a word that she doesn't know. Me - I have to ask her about every 5th word. But I am MUCH more perceptive in Japanese and it is a language that has hidden meanings; reading between the lines is a necessity in many instances, and being able to read body language really helps too. LOML tells me what was said, I tell her what they meant and the two are often quite the opposite. Together we nail the purpose, intent and content of conversations.
              Last edited by leehljp; 01-15-2008, 04:13 AM.
              Hank Lee

              Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

              Comment

              Working...