Started using Compuserve

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Alex Franke
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2007
    • 2641
    • Chapel Hill, NC
    • Ryobi BT3100

    #16
    Originally posted by TB Roye
    Next trip to Idaho I need to bring in back.
    Well, it's not my first computer, but it was my first major upgrade -- and it just happened to be about ten feet from where I'm sitting.

    The Commodore Vic 20 was before this, but it's long gone now. I just can give this old Atari up... I still need to find the power cables, and when I do I'm going to fire it up again and see if there's anything left on all these floppies again -- these plus a couple shoe boxes full in the closet.

    Ah -- I remember the name of that other early information service. It was called Dialog. Anyone else ever heard of it?
    online at http://www.theFrankes.com
    while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
    "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

    Comment

    • LinuxRandal
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • 4890
      • Independence, MO, USA.
      • bt3100

      #17
      Originally posted by JSUPreston
      Linux, don't knock MS too much, they make sure I keep my job.

      You get PAID to fix peoples Window's pc's. People expect the "come on buddy" (censored) with me. And when they don't follow your most basic suggestions (make a boot partition, you programs on the next partition, and all you saved data on another partition), you get REALLY tired of all the people who aren't willing to pay for it.
      IBM billed out my father at something like $100 an hour, and people expected me to be able to do everything he did, in half the time, and for nothing.
      That doesn't count the school district that got my brother to write a program for them and thought I would follow suit. (more of the reasons I strongly try to avoid learning any current programing).
      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

      Comment

      Working...