I'm A Sneaky Sort

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • 15216
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

    #1

    I'm A Sneaky Sort

    Yesterday was my wife's birthday, so last night I took her out to dinner. Every year, I try to get to the restaurant personnel somehow, to plan for a "birthday greeting" for her. She hates it, and I just LMAO.

    On some occasions I call ahead to make plans, but usually I have to break away from the table somehow and get with the waitress. So, last night, I made my breakaway and while talking with the waitress, found out they had no birthday cakes, cupcakes, or even candles. So, I had to settle for a tripple chocolate cake. I never thought I shoulda brought candles. I will next time. She didn't get "Happy Birthday" sung to her, but we did get a 10% discount on our dinners.

    Do any of you have a sneaky side for special occasions?
    .
  • footprintsinconc
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2006
    • 1759
    • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
    • BT3100

    #2
    well, we havent done much in terms of bdays for the last few years (one year she had surgery, then something happened ....) . she isnt a flower person, its hard to beleive, but shes pretty moody about those things. her bdays is coming up next month, so i want to do something special for her. i am still looking for ideas.
    _________________________
    omar

    Comment

    • Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • 7091
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

      #3
      I have a sneaky side, but I usually reserve it for those uncomfortable occasions when I am the guest of honor. Once everybody is settled, I sneak out the door and go wherever it is I would rather be...

      Comment

      • MilDoc

        #4
        Well, not quite sneaky, but for our wedding anniversary we take turns planning a trip and the other never knows where we're going until we get there.

        Comment

        • Hellrazor
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2003
          • 2091
          • Abyss, PA
          • Ridgid R4512

          #5
          Originally posted by cabinetman

          Do any of you have a sneaky side for special occasions?
          .

          All occasions...

          Comment

          Working...