• Show
Clear All
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Hopes Dashed

I got home from work tonight and there was a box sitting on the counter with several bottles. They had handwritten labels - Kaluha, Gin and Wine. I thought it was a gift from one of my wife's clients except she doesn't drink so I figured it was all for me. Turns out it was something she'd done for a client - the 'wine' was sparkling grape juice, the 'Kaluha' was a protein drink and I didn't bother finding out the rest.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • Ed62
    The Full Monte
    • Oct 2006
    • NW Indiana
    • BT3K

Don't you hate a big let down?

Ed
    Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

I feel your pain... but not for long. I have gotten an excellent haul this season, from my customers no less! Knowing that I drink sparingly, but I love top-shelf hooch, this year I have been blessed with,among others, bottles of Herradura Seleccion Suprema (Tequila), Dom Perignon Champagne, Grey Goose Vodka, and the crowning achievement: 21-y.o. Chivas Scotch! I love my job!

Comment

• Jaden
        Established Member
        • Feb 2006
        • Trenton, MI
        • BT3100

Just hope your job doesn't involve alot of driving Cracker....

Steve
        "I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis." - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
          The Full Monte
          • May 2007
          • Sunshine State
          • BT3000

Originally posted by Jaden
          Just hope your job doesn't involve alot of driving Cracker....
          Nah, my office is in my house... I can get wasted and pass out in my own flowerbed...

(Actually, that stuff will last me just about till this time next year...)

Comment

• Hellrazor
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2003
            • Abyss, PA
            • Ridgid R4512

David,

Good thing there wasn't an "to-kill-ya" in there. That would have been a drain cleaner tonic

Comment

• crokett
              The Full Monte
              • Jan 2003
              • Mebane, NC, USA.
              • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by Hellrazor
              David,

Good thing there wasn't an "to-kill-ya" in there. That would have been a drain cleaner tonic
              Wouldn't matter. I don't drink the stuff - I've had maybe 2 shots in my life.
              David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Alex Franke
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2007
                • Chapel Hill, NC
                • Ryobi BT3100

Oh, I'm so sorry... I can't even imagine how you must feel [hands crokett a tissue]...

I used to keep liquor out (because I didn't have a place to put it) but I don't drink it that much. People kept seeing it out so they thought I must *really* liked it -- so for years I got nothing but bottles of booze from my friends. Long story short, you're welcome to have some of mine!
                online at http://www.theFrankes.com
                while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
                "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

Comment

Working...