• Show
Clear All
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Aarrgggh!!!

LOML was complaining the wireless network was glitchy all day today. By the time I got home it quit working. I spent about an hour futzing with the setup, factory defaults, upgrading FW, etc before concluding the router was broken. I then spent 15 minutes trying to find the receipt so I could get it RMA'd. After not finding it as a last gasp I swizzled the antenna a bit. Was not expecting anything since nothing has changed. It is now working like a champ again.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • eccentrictinkerer
    • Aug 2007
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • BT-3000, 21829

The ghost of Guglielmo Marconi has smiled upon you!

You might think I haven't contributed much to the world, but a large number
    of the warning labels on tools can be traced back to things I've done...

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

Hijacking a thread here with a piece of trivia:

Marconi was sued and lost in court over the invention of the radio. The real patent of the radio was Nicoli Tesla. But the legend carries the story more that truth.

In todays court, it would probably have been granted to Marconi, for the way he did it. Tesla invented it, distributed his facts and findings in the scientific community, but did not seek the patent until he saw that Marconi had patented his design two or three year after he (Tesla) had invented it.
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Tom Slick
        Veteran Member
        • May 2005
        • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
        • sears BT3 clone

tesla had to have invented it, that's how he communicated with Mars! lol.
        Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

Working...