• Show
Clear All
  • TB Roye
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Sacramento, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

Cowboys vs Packers

Just checked my Dish Network channel line up and found out I have the NFL network. Looks like I get to watch the game tonight. Sure glad I don't have the cable hassel. It it part of my package and doesn't cost extra. After the holidays we are getting a big screen HD tv and get a free upgrade on our Satellite Receiver. So it will be a HD/DVR combo. Now I have to build a cabinet to house the thing.

Tom
    Last edited by TB Roye; 11-29-2007, 06:18 PM.
  • Pakaderm
    Established Member
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TB Roye
    Just checked my Dish Network channel line up and found out I have the NFL network. Looks like I get to watch the game tonight. Sure glad I don't have the cable hassel. It it part of my package and doesn't cost extra. After the holidays we are getting a big screen HD tv and get a free upgrade on our Satellite Receiver. So it will be a HD/DVR combo. Now I have to build a cabinet to house the thing.

Tom
    I have cable (Cox) and I have the NFL Network. In fact, I have NFL network in HD. I will be enjoying the game tonight w/o sat. Ahh, the joys of technology.

-Pak

Comment

• Hellrazor
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2003
      • Abyss, PA
      • Ridgid R4512

NFL network here on cable too... now I just wish the NHL channel was available outside of the premium sports package.

Comment

• TB Roye
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2004
        • Sacramento, CA, USA.
        • BT3100

Here in Sacramento, Dish or Direct TV is cheaper than cable and I own the receivers and don't pay rent on them. 250 channels with three outlets is about $70 a month, I have 4 cables up in the attic but only use three for now. Cable would be over $100 and goes up every year. I can get the upgrade to Hd with a DVR any time I want for free, so I am waiting until we get the new TV. We watched HD on my sons TV in Boise and it was a great way to watch all the games. So after the holidays we will be getting a big screen HD TV, have to take care of the grandkids and other famil presents first. It will be here by the Super Bowl and Daytona. Good game wrong team won. BIL is a big Cowboy fan so he enjoyed it. His Cable company charges extra for NFL network so I invited him over for pizza and the game. He has Sure West Cable and I would have Comcast. I had Comcast for a number of years and it got to expensive so I switched to Dish Network and have been happy with them. Comcast was crap in every way as they had a monopoly and no competition.

Tom
        Last edited by TB Roye; 11-30-2007, 12:30 AM.

Comment

• Tom Hintz
          • Feb 2004
          • Concord, NC, USA.

I had cable for years and finally got fed up with it breaking down and their lack of enthusiasim for getting it fixed. the last time it went out, when the repair truck pulled up I was bolting the Directv dish to the side of the house. We pay just over $50-mo, have a very good selection of channels, including the NFL Network. I am especially happy with my dish every time I see the cable truck by one of the neighbors......
          Tom Hintz
          NewWoodworker.com LLC

Comment

• Pappy
            The Full Monte
            • Dec 2002
            • San Marcos, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 (x2)

My cable (Grande Com) has the NFL Net. Time warner is the oldest, most used in the area and doesn't. Get to gloat a bit at work this morning!

BTW, I am a fan of both teams but had to route for the 'Boys. Great game, just hope Farve is ok.

Looks like the Pack has a replacement at QB when (IF?) Brett retires. After last night's performance, a lot of teams could be interested in stealing that kid.
            Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
            Fools because they have to say something.
            Plato

Comment

• goslin23
              Established Member
              • Feb 2007
              • Richmond, TX
              • Rigid TS3650

I have AT&T Uverse which carries the NFL Network in standard and HD. It also carries the Big Ten Network so I can watch my Buckeyes down here in Texas. Not a bad service but it going through some issues as it's IPTV and they're still ironing out the bugs.

Oh, and "How 'Bout Them Cowboys!"

-=gos=-
              If it ain't one thing... It's 12 @#$%ing things!

Comment

• JR
                The Full Monte
                • Feb 2004
                • Eugene, OR
                • BT3000

I don't have the NFL Network on my cable service. And apparently half the bars in my part of town don't have it either. The other half had so many people I literally couldn't get in the front door.

I went home and watched re-runs. Sigh.

JR
                JR

Comment

• williwatt
                  Established Member
                  • Aug 2007
                  • Springfield, TN
                  • Sears 21829

Originally posted by TB Roye
                  Here in Sacramento, Dish or Direct TV is cheaper than cable and I own the receivers and don't pay rent on them. 250 channels with three outlets is about $70 a month, I have 4 cables up in the attic but only use three for now. Cable would be over $100 and goes up every year. I can get the upgrade to Hd with a DVR any time I want for free, so I am waiting until we get the new TV. We watched HD on my sons TV in Boise and it was a great way to watch all the games. So after the holidays we will be getting a big screen HD TV, have to take care of the grandkids and other famil presents first. It will be here by the Super Bowl and Daytona. Good game wrong team won. BIL is a big Cowboy fan so he enjoyed it. His Cable company charges extra for NFL network so I invited him over for pizza and the game. He has Sure West Cable and I would have Comcast. I had Comcast for a number of years and it got to expensive so I switched to Dish Network and have been happy with them. Comcast was crap in every way as they had a monopoly and no competition.

Tom
                  I'm just curious...when you changed from Comcast to Dish, who do you now use for Internet service? I have thought about changing away from Comcast cable, but can't decide what to do about Internet service since the cost goes up if you don't have cable.

Bill

Comment

• TB Roye
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2004
                    • Sacramento, CA, USA.
                    • BT3100

I use my phone company for Internet service. AT&T is my provider for local, long distance and DSL. I use T-mobile To Go,for my cell phone. I buy minuets for the cell as we need it, usually when we travel. Being older and retired we don't need or use all the Technology avilable. I don't trust all the package deals these companys throw at you. I try to KISS things when it come to all the various tech and communication options available. ComCast in Sacramento is finially getting some competition but feel no need to change. We have two computers and use a laptop with a wireless card we take when we travel. LOML is technology challenaged so have to keep it as simple as possible.

Tom

Comment

• cgallery
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 2004
                      • Milwaukee, WI
                      • BT3K

Well, I live in the market (Milwaukee) and get it via cable. Although, I didn't enjoy the game that much.

Comment

Working...