Making a Star

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • 10627
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

    #1

    Making a Star

    I have some wire I want to bend into a frame for a 5-pointed star so I can attach some christmas lights. Are all the bends going to be the same length? It would seem to me the diagonals are going to be a bit longer than the cross-piece at the top. Is there a formula for this? I searched online and got lots of info on hollwood stars, et al plans for future, and there was lots of info on the freemasons but no actual plan
    David

    The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • 15216
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

    #2
    Sounds like you're "star struck".
    .

    Comment

    • Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • 7091
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

      #3
      Did a quickie drawing based on a star in a 10" diameter circle. You can scale the linear dimensions up or down to make the star larger or smaller, but the angular diminsions will always be the same.

      Comment

      • crokett
        The Full Monte
        • Jan 2003
        • 10627
        • Mebane, NC, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000

        #4
        Thanks, that gives me enough to work with. The point to point distance plus each long diagonal is exactly what I needed. This is a great forum.
        Last edited by crokett; 11-24-2007, 08:06 AM.
        David

        The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

        Comment

        Working...