• Show
Clear All
  • Ed62
    The Full Monte
    • Oct 2006
    • NW Indiana
    • BT3K

Woot.com - Good or Bad?

I was contemplating buying an mp3 player recently, and John told me about this:
    Originally posted by mashtun
    Woot.com has a SanDisk Sansa e250 2GB Media Player for 29.99 right now. It's just today, so if you want it jump now.

I have bought several things form them, and know many others who have and no one has ever had a problem with them.

John
    I bought one on the 5th of this month. I received it today, and although it's a refurb, it looks and functions like brand new. Thanks for the tip, John.

Woot has forums where people can discuss whatever they bought. There were quite a few people who claimed they got one that did not work at all or they had problems with them, while others said they received the box, but no mp3 player (only a few) or parts missing (several), product broken or wrong product. Woot told those people they would take care of them by either giving them a refund or a replacement. I don't know how long it would take, but since it took about 2 weeks in shipping, I'd expect it would probably be at least a month to rectify the situation for those with claims.

Would you buy from them? If so, they put something on sale every night at midnight. When they're sold out, they're sold out. You could get a good deal from them, or you could get a major nightmare. I think I'll quit while I'm ahead unless they give a manufacturer's warranty.

Ed
    Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/
  • linear
    • May 2004
    • DeSoto, KS, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3100

I watched their RSS feed for about 3 months waiting to see something I'd otherwise buy. I didn't really find anything I wanted. YMMV.

They do have very amusing writeups on the items though.
    --Rob

sigpic

Comment

• gsmittle
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2004
      • St. Louis, MO, USA.
      • BT 3100

I've purchased several things from Woot, from Roombas to game controllers to tiny little 2gb USB hard drives. Never had a problem with anything I've bought. OTOH, I haven't bought anything besides the Roomba that cost more than $20.

You could try sellout.woot.com too. That redirects to a Yahoo shopping page. Down the page a little is a completely different Woot item every day.

Once in a while there will be a Woot-Off, where an item is offered for a lower price, and when it sells out, it's replaced with another item. You can tell a Woot-Off by the rotating lights under the product picture.

g.
      Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
      Bill & Ted

Comment

Working...