• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scmhogg
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2003
    • Simi Valley, CA, USA.
    • BT3000

Legos came around a little too late for me. I really got to like them "helping" my kids, though.

I had a Mechano set in England and Erector Sets when we emigrated. My favorite was a deluxe Gilbert Chemistry Set. With the dangerous stuff they put in those in the 50's, its amazing we survived. Little bottles of charcoal, potassium nitrate and sulfur. Lots of poisons. It was a great set.

Steve
    I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. Bertrand Russell

Comment

• JoeyGee
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2005
      • Sylvania, OH, USA.
      • BT3100-1

Another Lego kid here. I am the youngest of 8, and all my siblings played with Legos, so the collection amassed over the years (at least the ones that survived the vacuum cleaner and furnace vents) is quite large. Being the last to leave the house, I got them.

Some show there age, but most are still in great shape. I agree, Legos are not the same as they were. Sure the pieces are "better" but take FAR less imagination. Making a monorail track with only 90 degree pieces is doable, but I doubt today's kids could do it--or at least sit still long enough too.

When I was in my 20's, the marriage of two of my favorite childhood pursuits took place--Star Wars and Legos and I had to have them all. Man, those are cool.

Now my six year old is NUTS about Star Wars and he is finally old enough to play with my SW sets (supervised, of course!). My wife nearly died of shock when I allowed him to actually PLAY with them. Of course, I make sure he plays with the old ones, too, and he does pretty well, building some pretty cool things I never believed a 6 year old could do.
      Last edited by JoeyGee; 10-29-2007, 04:17 PM. Reason: Typos--I just get all excited talking about Legos. I'm like Jo-Jo the Circus Boy...
      Joe

Comment

Working...