• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • p8ntblr
    • Jan 2007
    • So Cal
    • Craftsman 22114

Air Purifier

My brother (and some other family members) live in Irvine somewhat close to where the fires are. Thankfully they were far enough from the fire itself but the air is still really bad. I was there Sunday when it started and the half the sky was covered with ash. I can only imagine how bad it is now. They've been looking for some air purifiers but most stores seem to be sold out.

I have a Delta AP100 (the triangular one) that I got a while back during the Lowes clearance. Still sitting in the box. Do you think that would well enough for an entire home. It would probably be temporary till they could find a better one.

http://www.amazon.com/Delta-AP100-Sh...3360956&sr=8-1
    -Paul
  • SHADOWFOX
    Veteran Member
    • May 2005
    • IL, USA.
    • DELTA 36-675

Glad to hear you guys are okay. The unit that you mentioned is an air filtration system which has a 5 micron filter. It might be too loud to use in the living room but you can always give it a shot.
    Chris

"The first key to wisdom is constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth." -Pierre Abelard 11th Century philosopher.

Comment

• Hoakie
      Established Member
      • Feb 2007
      • Iowa
      • Craftsman 21829

Several box fans with furnace filters attached may be a cheap alternative as well. I have one running in the shop and one in the family room to collect pet dust and pet debris . They pull a lot of air and are pretty quiet
      John
      To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. ~ Edison

Comment

• leehljp
        Just me
        • Dec 2002
        • Tunica, MS
        • BT3000/3100

What Hoakie said. Good alternative.

Your Delta will work too. Remember in situations like this, even if it doesn't get below 5 microns, it will filter out larger bits. They will probably have to change filters often too.

If it is unavoidable, anything is better than nothing at this point.
        Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

Working...