• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mrs. Wallnut
    Bandsaw Box Momma
    • Apr 2005
    • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

Originally posted by gwyneth
    I don't think we should worry about going over (there are always plates and gas, etc.)--maybe keep track only to let people know if it comes out under.

I agree on this one with gwyneth, I feel that we don't have to stop at the goal set. I feel that any kind of help with the car and the extra can go to help out with other costs.
    Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• gwyneth
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2006
      • Bayfield Co., WI

Originally posted by Mrs. Wallnut
      I agree on this one with gwyneth, I feel that we don't have to stop at the goal set. I feel that any kind of help with the car and the extra can go to help out with other costs.
      Melissa said this so well that I just wanted to add two thoughts about keeping the goal vague and maybe not tracking everything publicly.

"Any" literally does mean any. Five or ten bucks may represent more from somebody than a couple of hundred from somebody else. Yet each might be embarrassed to record those amounts publicly (small or large).

And it's more thoughtful to the contributors in another way, as well. Somebody may get paid after a "goal" is reached and then feel as if his/her contribution wasn't wanted.

To me, contributing to this is not really a finite, tangible form of assistance to Sam and Adele. It's being part of a community that helps its members in a wide variety of ways. IMO, putting even a dollar or two in an envelope and sending it in would not be a "token gift", but a meaningful effort.

Comment

• cgallery
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 2004
        • Milwaukee, WI
        • BT3K

Originally posted by Mrs. Wallnut
        I agree too, just don't want to come up short!

BTW, I'm seeing $300 in commitments so far.
        Last edited by cgallery; 10-20-2007, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Sam Conder
          Woodworker Once More
          • Dec 2002
          • Midway, KY
          • Delta 36-725T2

I am hoping to be able to reply to this thread soon. I can't seem to find the words just yet...
          Sam Conder
          BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• Otter
            • Nov 2003
            • Cumming, GA, USA.
            • Delta Left Tilt UniSaw

another 50 in the kitty

Keep looking up....we got your back!!!
            All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible

T.E. Lawrence

Comment

• Adele
              Established Member
              • Nov 2003
              • Midway, KY, USA.

I am pretty much speechless (and for those of you that know me that is really saying something). Others have said this forum is like family and I have always agreed that there is no other place on the web where you would find a better group of people.

Sam has been gone all day with both our sons at a cub scouting event. He returned about 7:30 and as usual got on the computer to check out his email and check on the forum. He shortly thereafter told me to come here and told me about this post. I still haven’t stopped crying. We are both touched beyond words.

Comment

• gwyneth
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2006
                • Bayfield Co., WI

Originally posted by Adele
                I am pretty much speechless (and for those of you that know me that is really saying something). Others have said this forum is like family and I have always agreed that there is no other place on the web where you would find a better group of people.

Sam has been gone all day with both our sons at a cub scouting event. He returned about 7:30 and as usual got on the computer to check out his email and check on the forum. He shortly thereafter told me to come here and told me about this post. I still haven’t stopped crying. We are both touched beyond words.
                Adele, I'm pretty sure that if somebody here asked you two, "if my car broke down near Midway, uh, could you help and give me dinner?" you'd feel shocked that there was even the faintest doubt.

This is the same thing, but through the electrons. There will always be help for those who help others.

Comment

• smc331
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2003
                  • Charlotte, NC, USA.
                  • BT3100

Count me in!

PayPal sent - $25.00 - I just wish I had more at the moment. Family looks out for family - 'nuff said. I'll do more later...
                  Scott

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -- Frank Zappa

http://macbournes.com

Comment

• cabinetman
                    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
                    • Jun 2006
                    • So. Florida
                    • Delta

I'm happy to help out. I know about hard times.

Comment

• gwyneth
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 2006
                      • Bayfield Co., WI

There's no such thing here as a gift that's too small! Two bucks buys one of the windshield wipers; five bucks probably covers the steering wheel; ten bucks for a door latching assembly; $25 does one of the seats; and so on.

My gift is earmarked for the front passenger or driver's seat, whichever Adele will be using.
                      Last edited by gwyneth; 10-20-2007, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• Russianwolf
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 2004
                        • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
                        • One of them there Toy saws

Originally posted by Adele

Originally posted by Sam Conder
                        I am hoping to be able to reply to this thread soon. I can't seem to find the words just yet...

Sam, Adele,
                        No words are needed. You're family. We take care of our own.

I won't be surprised if LOML makes a contribution on her own too.
                        Mike
                        Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

• gwyneth
                          Veteran Member
                          • Nov 2006
                          • Bayfield Co., WI

Mike, is that a Samoyed in the background?

Comment

• Russianwolf
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jan 2004
                            • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
                            • One of them there Toy saws

Originally posted by gwyneth
                            Mike, is that a Samoyed in the background?
                            Nope, he's a pure white husky with bi-eyes. his mother (who we adopted/resued at the same time) is a grey and white.
                            Mike
                            Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

• ragswl4
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jan 2007
                              • Winchester, Ca
                              • C-Man 22114

Up another $50 via PayPal. Keep her rolling!
                              RAGS
                              Raggy and Me in San Felipe
                              sigpic

Comment

• Thalermade
                                • Dec 2002
                                • Ohio
                                • BT 3000

Add $25 more to the total. Sam and Adele thanks for everything. Keep smiling.

Russ

Comment

Working...