• Show
Clear All
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

The little one gets an EEG next week.

My wife says she has been having seizures every few days over the last few weeks. Arms, legs and torso shake for 10-15 seconds. I haven't seen it, apparently when it does happen it is in the afternoon. It happened last week in front of the pediatrician while the older daughter was getting her checkup. The doc called back yesterday and said she made the appointment with the neurologist.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • Sawduster
    Established Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cedar Park, TX, USA.

Scarey stuff when its the little ones. I'll be praying for her and for you.
    Jerry

\"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.\"
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

http://www.sawdustersplace.com

Comment

• TB Roye
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Sacramento, CA, USA.
      • BT3100

David

As a grandparetnt I know how scary these things can be. My thought a prayers are with you and you family.

Tom

Comment

• Red88chevy
        Established Member
        • Sep 2004
        • Midland, Texas.

I know for us as parents it is so hard when the kids are sick. I pray that everything turns out good.

Doug

Comment

• radhak
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2006
          • Miramar, FL
          • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Seizures can mean so many things - but i used to have epilepsy. A seizure would knock me out for hours, but most of it in sleep. The first few minutes would be the scary stuff (for the watcher) : eyes rolled up into the head, froth (mild) in the mouth, completely out of consiousness. Once past that, I'd go to sleep and wake up much later, sometimes (when I woke up in my own bed) without an inkling what happened till updated by my family. First appeared when I was in 8th grade, but has not happened since I started working...

I have since learnt I have been lucky - eplilepsy can be much more intense, intrusive, life-changing and even life-threatening. Not to mention not easily cured. There are various degrees of it. A friend's wife gets it couple of times a week in a very strong fashion, and it has practically hobbled their life. She's gonna have surgery next month.

If your daughter stays awake, or becomes okay after those few minutes, this should be something totally mild and hopefully curable (fingers crossed). That EEG would tell you a lot. If it is epilepsy, I could share more with you, but maybe, hopefully, it's not even.
          It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
          - Aristotle

Comment

• jking
            • May 2003
            • Des Moines, IA.
            • BT3100

You & your family will be my prayers.

Comment

• lrogers
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2002
              • Mobile, AL. USA.
              • BT3000

You and the family, especially the little one, will be in our hearts and prayers.
              Larry R. Rogers
              The Samurai Wood Butcher
              http://splash54.multiply.com
              http://community.webshots.com/user/splash54

Comment

• ironhat
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2004
                • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
                • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

That has got to be heartbreaking. We'll keep you two and your precious one in our prayers.
                Blessings,
                Chiz

Comment

• Hoakie
                  Established Member
                  • Feb 2007
                  • Iowa
                  • Craftsman 21829

Hopefully it turns out to be nothing. We well keep you and your daughter in our prayers.
                  John
                  To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. ~ Edison

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                    The Full Monte
                    • May 2007
                    • Sunshine State
                    • BT3000

Best hopes and wishes for a good outcome. Many seizure disorders are easily controlled with medication, and many others go away on their own.

Comment

• cgallery
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 2004
                      • Milwaukee, WI
                      • BT3K

If it is childhood epilepsy, I think something like 3/4 or so of the kids that have it outgrow it before adulthood. I'll be praying for her.

Comment

Working...