I said no to ShopNotes

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jeffrey Schronce
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • 3822
    • York, PA, USA.
    • 22124

    #16
    I have issues 1 - 130 of FWW. Seems most stuff in todays magazines are recycles of the past with little to no modification. Heck in this months American Woodworker people were winning complete $1000 Festool Domino set ups for stuff that was directly from ShopNotes of years gone past.


    cgallery, you design and execution is wonderful.

    Edit: After reviewing both posts I believe that your design seems more logical to the average ShopNotes consumer. Not knocking Niki design, but even with all those photos and documentation I scratch my head. I took one look at your first photo and everything made sense. This is much more condusive to ShopNotes material IMHO.
    Last edited by Jeffrey Schronce; 09-15-2007, 07:50 PM.

    Comment

    • cgallery
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2004
      • 4503
      • Milwaukee, WI
      • BT3K

      #17
      Well, as Mark (Black Walnut) said, I'm sure it will make it into Shop Notes one way or another, I just won't get any credit.

      The more I think about it, the more I realize they wouldn't have featured it on a BT3K fence. They'd have to adapt it to a typical router fence and the resulting design may have looked even MORE like Niki's design than mine.

      So I'm sure they'll noodle it around on their own and perhaps in a year or so we will all see something similar and maybe (hopefully) even better.

      I don't think it would be possible to go back to AHP (August Home Publishing) and tell them to go ahead any longer. I'm pretty sure that ship has sailed.

      Hey Jeffrey: I have another jig. Is American Woodworker still handing out Dominos for best tip? I think this one could win, it is better than my mortising jig.

      Comment

      Working...