• Show
Clear All
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Are You A Flirt?

A thread here touched (not a pun) on a patient possibly flirting with a doctor. That doctor will soon know you inside and out...literally. If you are single, flirting may be a fun thing to do. If you're involved, committed or married, it could cause your demise...literally. In our marriage my wife and I are very committed to each other. We've both been married before, and we have complete trust in the strength and security of our marriage.

I admit I am a flirt at times. If the extent of the interaction is only that, I don't have any qualms about the game of it. If you do a search of "flirting", you'll find all kinds of explanations, books, articles, tips, even topics like "the art of flirting". I guess it could be considered an art. It entails physical and psychological data to be utilized.

Some signs may be interpreted as an act of flirting. How overt they are, or how far the flirting goes is up to the flirters. The need to be appreciated or get ones way, may take different routes. I made a lot of house calls selling Kirby vacuums to pay for college, and in business, doing on site estimates. Most of my clientele are women. I can remember several occasions when appointments were made, and I was expected, they might be dressed provocatively, or have that failing front catch on their robe. It's hard to say if this is a good example of flirting, or exhibitionism. Either way it makes for a good story later. A great portion of my contacts are female designers, some that play the same game and thrive on the attention.

Could it be in just how we dress, or present ourselves, or just an outgoing personality be a form of flirting? So, are you a flirt?
  • Uncle Cracker
    The Full Monte
    • May 2007
    • Sunshine State
    • BT3000

When you are as ugly as I am, flirting only leads to LOL's, ROFL's, or the dreaded ROFLMAO's. My ego can't take that, so I don't flirt...

Comment

• Ed62
      The Full Monte
      • Oct 2006
      • NW Indiana
      • BT3K

Originally posted by Uncle Cracker
      My ego can't take that, so I don't flirt...
      Same here. That's also why I don't go to women doctors.

Ed
      Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
        The Full Monte
        • May 2007
        • Sunshine State
        • BT3000

Actually, I used to do it a little... A friend and I were in a lounge one night, when this GORGEOUS creature came in and sat by herself at the bar. "Go chat her up", encouraged my friend. I thought to myself: "The worst she could do is say 'No'...", but I was wrong... What she actually said was "Get away from me, you LOSER..."

Comment

• cabinetman
          • Jun 2006
          • So. Florida
          • Delta

Actually, I used to do it a little... A friend and I were in a lounge one night, when this GORGEOUS creature came in and sat by herself at the bar. "Go chat her up", encouraged my friend. I thought to myself: "The worst she could do is say 'No'...", but I was wrong... What she actually said was "Get away from me, you LOSER..."

I thought you were going to say that you asked her if you could buy her a drink, and she said: "Could I just have the cash instead?".

Comment

• JTimmons
            • Feb 2005
            • Denver, CO.
            • Grizzly 1023SLX, Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by cabinetman
            A thread here touched (not a pun) on a patient possibly flirting with a doctor.
            Gee wonder who started that one?

Am I a flirt?

Not really at least I don't think I am. My wife sometimes accuses me of it when we are out, but if you read the "Doctor Visit" thread I am madly in love with her, not to mention the part in that thread about her being a hispanic woman and nothing being worse than a mad one. I'd be a real horse's @ss to do it front of her also not to mention stupid.

I think she gets confused by me being nice to other females, whether it be a cashier saying thank you and smiling or a female walking in behind us into the store, I'll hold the door open.
            "Happiness is your dentist telling you it won't hurt and then having him catch his hand in the drill."
            -- Johnny Carson

Comment

• Greg in Maryland
              Established Member
              • Nov 2006
              • Montgomery Village, Maryland
              • BT3100

"Get away from me, you LOSER..."
              Ouch that hurts.

Greg

Comment

• Anna
                • Feb 2006
                • CA, USA.
                • BT3100

Originally posted by JTimmons
                My wife sometimes accuses me of it when we are out, but if you read the "Doctor Visit" thread I am madly in love with her, not to mention the part in that thread about her being a hispanic woman and nothing being worse than a mad one. I'd be a real horse's @ss to do it front of her also not to mention stupid.
                Lorena Bobbitt was hispanic, too, wasn't she?

Comment

• JTimmons
                  • Feb 2005
                  • Denver, CO.
                  • Grizzly 1023SLX, Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by Anna
                  I believe so!
                  "Happiness is your dentist telling you it won't hurt and then having him catch his hand in the drill."
                  -- Johnny Carson

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                    The Full Monte
                    • May 2007
                    • Sunshine State
                    • BT3000

Originally posted by Anna
                    It is my understanding that, weary of all the negative publicity, John Bobbitt has assumed a new identity through the federal witness protection program... His new name is Les Johnson...

Comment

• tedkitch
                      • Jul 2006
                      • NE Suburbs, Chicago
                      • Ryobi BT3100 What else is there?

Once when I had to go for a physical it was a female doctor that performed the physical. She was obviously right out of medical school and very nervous. It was a complete physical and after she was done checking out the front end she said "Turn your head and cough." I said "Normally, I have to buy dinner and a movie before anyone touches me there." She kind of chuckled and then came the glove and the phlet of the lubricant and she must not have liked my comment as it felt like she stuck her arm in up to her elbow. I said "If you want to check my tonsils you could try looking in my mouth" and she freaked out. She told me that that I was a jerk and this wasn't the appropriate time to be flirting with her. I told her that I wasn't flirting with her and that no man in his right mind would try to flirt with a doctor while her hand is up his bum and that I was only trying to lighten the mood. She apologized for freaking out on me and confessed that this was her first physical on a guy.

In the end though, she did have a sense of humor, as I was leaving I asked her if she found anything abnormal and she no that everything was OK, but that now she couldn't find her watch.
                      Ted Kitch

Comment

• cabinetman
                        • Jun 2006
                        • So. Florida
                        • Delta

Originally posted by tedkitch
                        In the end though, she did have a sense of humor, as I was leaving I asked her if she found anything abnormal and she no that everything was OK, but that now she couldn't find her watch.

Ted

If I were you, I would prepare myself for a surprise if the watch has one of those alarm functions.

Comment

• tedkitch
                          • Jul 2006
                          • NE Suburbs, Chicago
                          • Ryobi BT3100 What else is there?

That would explain the beeping at 6:55 AM every day. Luckily all I have to do is roll to the other side and it lets me sleep another 10 minutes.
                          Ted Kitch

Comment

Working...