• Show
Clear All
  • Richard in Smithville
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • On the TARDIS
    • BT 3100

Valuable Information

In wine there is wisdom,in beer there is freedom,in water there is bacteria.
    In a number of carefully controlled trials,scientists have demonstrated that if we drink 1 liter of water each day,at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichiacoli, (E.coli) - bacteria found in feces.
    In other words,we are consuming one kilo of poop.However,we do NOT run that risk when drinking wine & beer(or tequila,rum,whiskey or other liquor) because alcohol has to go through a purification process of boiling,filtering and/or fermenting.
    Remember:Water = Poop, Wine = Health
    Therefore,it's better to drink wine and talk stupid,than to drink water and be full of sh*t.
    There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service
    From the "deep south" part of Canada

Richard in Smithville

http://richardspensandthings.blogspot.com/
  • germdoc
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2003
    • Omaha, NE
    • BT3000--the gray ghost

Thanks, I feel better already.

Recent studies show that alcohol use cuts your risk of cancer. Every really old person I've ever met was either a regular drinker of fermented beverages or a total teetotaller. I don't have to tell you which group was more fun to hang around.

I figure with my current consumption by age 70 I'll be mature, at age 80 I'll be well-preserved, at 90 I'll be a little past my prime, and by 100 I'll be completely pickled...
    Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

Comment

• cabinetman
      Gone but not Forgotten RIP
      • Jun 2006
      • So. Florida
      • Delta

I was reading an article a while back about the health risks/benefits if any of alcohol. The story was about a guy that drank a bottle of wine every day of his adult life. He had an extended family that was very concerned about his welfare.

The article was lengthy and delved into the pros and cons of the extent of his drinking. It went on to talk about how he died very unexpectedly. At the end of the article it stated he was 101.

Comment

• Pappy
        The Full Monte
        • Dec 2002
        • San Marcos, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 (x2)

My Grandaddy drank a pint of bourbon every day. Stuff killed him at the age of 92!
        Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
        Fools because they have to say something.
        Plato

Comment

• mater
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2004
          • SC, USA.

Now I know what is wrong with me. I drink too much water.
          Ken aka "mater"

" People may doubt what you say but they will never doubt what you do "

Ken's Den

Comment

• scorrpio
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2005
            • Wayne, NJ, USA.

As has been scientifically proven, alcohol in small dozes is beneficial in any quantity.

Comment

• newood2
              • Aug 2004
              • Brooklyn, NY.
              • BT3100-1

Reminds me of the story of a preacher using a demonstration to make a point to a group of drunks at a mission, as to why they should not drink whiskey.
              For this he had two glasses, a bottle of water, a bottle of whiskey and a worm. Just before he proceeded with the demo he reminded the drunks that this was to show them the life threatening dangers of consuming whiskey. He then fill one glass with water and the other with whiskey. He took the worm and put it in the water. The little critter just swam around for a minute or two. He then put the worm in the glass of whiskey, and instantly the little guy went stiff and sank to the bottom of the glass motionless.
              Seeing the look of staggering dismay on everyone’s face, the preacher felt quite good that he had done his job and that the men had gotten the message. In an elated tone he asked if anyone had learned a lesson from what they just saw. After a few seconds’ pause, an old drunk staggered up from his seat in the back of the hall, and with slurred speech yelled out.
              Yea Rev. I learned a lesson. If you drink whiskey you wont have worms.

Comment

• TB Roye
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2004
                • Sacramento, CA, USA.
                • BT3100

I can just see it now. All those plastic water bottles now filled with the good stuff, filling and the cup holders in our vehicles on mine that is 10 cup holders. I allway thought water was for fish and bathing and similar things.

Tom

Comment

Working...