About the man that ran Home Depot into the ground!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JR
    The Full Monte
    • Feb 2004
    • Eugene, OR
    • BT3000

This article in the LA Times today offers some excellent advice for the new chairman. It's also the funniest car review I've ever read.

http://www.latimes.com/classified/au...autos-highway1
    JR

Comment

• germdoc
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2003
      • Omaha, NE
      • BT3000--the gray ghost

That review is a hoot. I really love reading stuff like that that doesn't pull any punches.

I haven't owned a Chrysler since my minivan tranny gave up the ghost 5 years ago. Guess Nardelli's got his work cut out for him.
      Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
        The Full Monte
        • May 2007
        • Sunshine State
        • BT3000

Not just bad, but a veritable chalice of wretchedness, a rattling, thumping, lolling tragedy of a car, a summary indictment of Chrysler's recent management and its self-eradicating product planning, all cast in plastic worthy of a Chinese water pistol.
        I wish this guy would quit beating around the bush and just tell us what he thinks...

Comment

• steve-u
          Established Member
          • Nov 2005
          • Bartlett, Ill.
          • Ryobi BT 3100

His job interview??

I wonder how is job interview went??

-- So tell us what you know about the car industry?

Nothing but that means I can bring in a fesh perspective and I can cut costs lots and lots of ways and I don't care what anybody thinks about me.

-- So how did your last job go??

Just swimmingly though they did have to pay me just shy of a quarter billion dollars to promise not to come to work anymore.

**You are hired!!**

Anyone would be nuts to buy a Chrysler product.

Steve

Comment

• alpha
            Established Member
            • Dec 2003
            • Owensboro, KY, USA.

The man that ran Home Depot into the ground apparently had a good friend. According to the Human Resource Executive, "Dennis Donovan, who stepped down as executive VP of HR for Home Depot in February, earned the top spot on the HR's Elite list (highest paid HR executives) for the fifth year in a row. Donovan earned roughly $5.8 million (last year)."

Donovan was paid 84.5% of the CEO's compensation. Makes me wonder if he is going to end up at Chrysler also.

Comment

Working...