• Show
Clear All
  • Thom2
    Resident BT3Central Research Ass.
    • Jan 2003
    • Stevens, PA, USA.
    • Craftsman 22124

Originally posted by cabinetman
    In my original post I said that there may be a discussion of what's right or wrong with this video. I realize that safety in the shop can be a problem because of distractions. But all you guys must have been so distracted with Gail to the point of missing any safety issues. Did anybody catch any?
    Don't operate power tools when Gail's in your shop???
    If it ain't broke.. don't fix it!!!... but you can always 'hop it up'
    **one and only purchaser of a BT3C official thong**

Comment

• Knottscott
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2004
      • Rochester, NY.
      • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by Thom2
      It must be something in her Jeans
      Indeed...Gail and wood seem to go quite naturally together.
      Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Greg in Maryland
        Established Member
        • Nov 2006
        • Montgomery Village, Maryland
        • BT3100

In my original post I said that there may be a discussion of what's right or wrong with this video. I realize that safety in the shop can be a problem because of distractions. But all you guys must have been so distracted with Gail to the point of missing any safety issues. Did anybody catch any?
        Her use of the table saw?

Greg

Comment

• Ken Massingale
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Liberty, SC, USA.
          • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by Greg in Maryland
          Her use of the table saw?

Greg
          There was a tablesaw???????

Comment

• ironhat
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2004
            • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
            • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

Yu know, c.man, I was so taken with her ease of delivery - her style of instruction - that I got lost in the project and the side trips. But, toward the end she was ripping a narrow band of wood without use of feather blocks. They cut away before I could see what she was using for a push-stick. Is that what you were looking for? You'd better post the answer before the posts get more ugly.

Edit: Boy, she calls this a weekend project. I'd be at it for at least a week. Quite the talented and efficient lady.
            Last edited by ironhat; 07-25-2007, 10:42 AM. Reason: additional info
            Blessings,
            Chiz

Comment

• jackellis
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2003
              • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
              • BT3100

I saw two things. First, no blade guard. Second, when ripping those wood strips to cover the plywood ends, she had the rip fence almost against the blade.

Comment

• Ken Massingale
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2002
                • Liberty, SC, USA.
                • Ridgid TS3650

Honestly CM. With a thread title of "Gail Shows Off her Chest', what kind of replies did you expect?

Comment

• ExYankee
                  Established Member
                  • Mar 2005
                  • Pleasant View, Tn.
                  • BT3100-frankensaw

I like the comment the “someone who was better off finacially “ would have the nicer chest. Just like today.
                  John Dyer
                  ExYankee Workshop...

I think history would have been very much different if Leonardi DiVinci had a belt sander.

Comment

• germdoc
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2003
                    • Omaha, NE
                    • BT3000--the gray ghost

I am surprised by the degree of sexism displayed here. To focus on a woodworker's "attributes" instead of her skill, shame on you.

Do you think women watch TOH just to ogle at Norm? Well, some do, I guess, but still...

Next you'll be lobbying for a Swimsuit Edition of Fine Woodworking.

On second thought, that's not a bad idea--full-figured gals cut up full-figured woods--things heat up in the woodshop as the sawdust flies--Bunny and Keri show off their dovetails...

I think I need to get back to work...
                    Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

Comment

• cgallery
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 2004
                      • Milwaukee, WI
                      • BT3K

Originally posted by germdoc
                      I am surprised by the degree of sexism displayed here.
                      I don't know if you're serious or not. But I think this thread is pretty insulting and I hope she never reads it.

Comment

• coach
                        Established Member
                        • Jan 2005
                        • Forney, TX.
                        • Powermatic 66

I didn't know it would be Gail O'Rourke. She is a fine wood worker and a long time member at SMC.

True, she is an attractive lady. I have a lot of respect for her though, and I'll be glad to view her show.
                        If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

• Ed62
                          The Full Monte
                          • Oct 2006
                          • NW Indiana
                          • BT3K

Originally posted by cgallery
                          I don't know if you're serious or not. But I think this thread is pretty insulting and I hope she never reads it.
                          I doubt he was serious, and I hope if Gail should read this, she will realize we're just having fun, and we're not really serious. If anyone took it the wrong way, I apologize for my post. It wasn't meant to belittle anyone.

Ed
                          Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

Working...