• Show
Clear All
  • Russianwolf
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
    • One of them there Toy saws

Humidifier Qs

Looking at getting a Humidifier for the house. Looking at the Hunter 3.5 gallon variety.

Does anyone on here run one? what do you recommend.

I can't use the furnace humidifiers since I don't have a furnace to tie it into.
    Mike
    Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.
  • Uncle Cracker
    The Full Monte
    • May 2007
    • Sunshine State
    • BT3000

I don't need one. The state I live in is a humidifier...

Comment

• Tamarack
      Established Member
      • Oct 2003
      • Speedwell, TN USA
      • BT3100

Are you sure you don't need a DE-humidifier? If you're running an air conditioner now, you will just be using electricity to cycle water from the humidifier into the air and then remove it with the AC. That said, I used one for a while in the far north (Fairbanks, AK) for a while where winter brings extremely low humidity. These devices are breeding grounds for mold and mildew spores, I would think long and hard about it if anyone in your family is subject to allergies.

Paul

Comment

• gerti
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2003
        • Minnetonka, MN, USA.
        • BT3100 "Frankensaw"

Before we got our new furnace and whole-house humidifier we had 'stand alone' humidifiers of varying kinds. Hated them all. The fan kind are easier to clean but make a lot of noise. The boiling kind are quiet but a PITA to clean. Some produce white residue everywhere. And they usually only last a couple or three heating seasons before something or other breaks.

Comment

Working...