• Show
Clear All
  • Texas splinter
    Established Member
    • Mar 2003
    • Abilene, TX, USA.
    • BT3100

Boeing launched the 787 Dreamliner today

Ok, so I am bragging here, but I came up here to Seattle from Texas to help Boeing get this plane out, so I am quite proud of what they have done.

Today Boeing rolled out the new 787 dreamliner aircraft. We havn't finished putting this first one together yet and it has already set a new record. They have orders for over 670 of the aircraft! The most orders for a new procuction aircraft ever!
    The aircraft wil save the airlines about 20% in operating costs, being mostly composit (graphit fiber composit) it will be 30% lighter and more fuel efficient than an aluminum aircraft. Plus, it wil be more comfortable for the passengers.
    The coposit fuselage is stronger than a metal one so can be pressurized to a lower cabin altitude and because it won't corrode, they can increase the humidity in the cabin and not be concerned about condensation on the inner surface of the skin.
    If intrested, you can get more info and some cool computer simulations and videos of the interior mockup herehttp://www.boeing.com/commercial/787family/index.html
    use the menu on the left side to see the different features of the 787.
    "Aspire to inspire before you expire."

Chuck Hershiser
    Abilene, Texas
  • Uncle Cracker
    The Full Monte
    • May 2007
    • Sunshine State
    • BT3000

Are you sure aerospace is your best field? I hear a car salesman in there somewhere...

Seriously, I hope all goes well for the '87. We need to get back some of that Airbus market share, and keep the dollars at home.

Comment

• Hoover
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2003
      • USA.

I was working @ Boeing in 1988 to help roll out the 747-400, and the Boeing 777 in the early 90's. Kind of glad to see the 787 be so successful. Of course, this doesn't hurt my pension any, hehe!!
      No good deed goes unpunished

Comment

• JeffW
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2003
        • San Antonio, Texas, USA.
        • BT3100

Saw on he local news that all the planes will be coming down to Kelly for some kind of modification. Supposedly they are going to hire 400 people here in San Antonio.
        Measure twice, cut once, screw it up, start over

Comment

Working...