• Show
Clear All
  • lrogers
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Mobile, AL. USA.
    • BT3000

A REALLY good week!

The title says it all! This week, I finished the shed (pictures coming), got the county building inspector to sign off on it AND the best part, I had my day with the Cub Scouts!

I was listed as a "guest speaker" (a first for me) and shared my R/C helicopter hobby with them.

I took all three of the helos, the radio, flight gear, some old parts and set up a little display. I talked to them about building, set up, safety, flying and the various types of helos available.

The boys asked a lot of REALLY good questions and were very attentive and polite (to me and each other). The weather co-operated and I was able to do a short demo flight for them. They loved it and the round of applause I got after I shut down did the old heart & ego a world of good.

When I got home, I told Belinda I wasn't sure who had the most fun, me or the boys! I do know that I'm all ready looking forward to next year!
    Larry R. Rogers
    The Samurai Wood Butcher
    http://splash54.multiply.com
    http://community.webshots.com/user/splash54
  • goslin23
    Established Member
    • Feb 2007
    • Richmond, TX
    • Rigid TS3650

Sounds like you had a great time. I bet I would have enjoyed watching your demo as much as the boys did! There's an RC flying field close to my house at George Bush Park here in Houston, I need to go there someday and check things out. It's a hobby I've always wanted to take up, but the woodworking hobby is just getting started. The LOML wouldn't take too kindly to me taking up another hobby right now.

I used to go talk to the kiddo's at schools when I was a radio personality. I loved their enthusiasm and they certainly didn't hesitate to ask questions. I make video games now, so I am even "cooler" (I don't know what the current term is the kids say) than I was when I was a DJ.
    If it ain't one thing... It's 12 @#$%ing things!

Comment

Working...