Clear All
  • Kristofor
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2004
    • Twin Cities, MN
    • Jet JTAS10 Cabinet Saw

Sopranos Finale - Likely Spoilers

Well, it's over.

The last couple weeks were pretty good set-up, but the last episode just felt disappointing. Not that any of the "likely" endings would have been better, but this one just didn't really do much for me.

Did anyone like how it ended?
  • greencat
    Established Member
    • Dec 2005
    • Grand Haven Mi

I agree. I guess you could say how easily Tony agreed to the truce with 2 of his friends dead was surprising. And it feels like they left the story open so they could start the series again.
    Thanks again,
    Mike

Comment

• germdoc
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2003
      • Omaha, NE
      • BT3000--the gray ghost

I've seen every episode except the last 6--waiting for it to come out on DVD or PPV.

From what I've read the final episode is artful precisely because it's so ambiguous and open-ended. Just like real life.

This was the best series ever on TV, and even the "bad" episodes were head and shoulders above almost everything else.

Re' your point Greencat--you have to understand that Tony, like most mobsters, is such a narcissist that he's really only interested in 1 person and that's himself. He'd make a deal with the devil if it would help him out of a tough spot. He's sentimental about his family, of course, and to a lesser extent his "friends" and partners--but if one of them started to be a burden, he'd have him whacked.

So, I'm anxiously awaiting the chance to see the last 6 episodes to see if they live up to the hype.
      Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

Comment

Working...