From the "deep south" part of Canada

Richard in Smithville

http://richardspensandthings.blogspot.com/
  • Uncle Cracker
    The Full Monte
    • May 2007
    • Sunshine State
    • BT3000

Anybody who says that having money won't upset the scales of justice needs to put down the pipe and slowly back away...

Comment

• MilDoc

Yep. You got that right.

Comment

• Hellrazor
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2003
        • Abyss, PA
        • Ridgid R4512

The New York Post reported that she has been seeing a councillor and refused to eat her prison-issue hot dog on Tuesday night.

Just so many ways to play on that sentence and most aren't family rated

Comment

• jussi
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007

there's a million rumors of how she got out. From refusing to eat, not being able to get her meds, to having a VD disease.

So now she's on house arrest. Her house is probably so big I doubt she can go from one end to another without setting off the bracelet.

The hardest part for her will probably be not being able to got out to clubs and parties anymore. I guess she'll just have to have the parties at her place. I wonder if this is the punishment the judge had in mine when he sentenced her.
          Last edited by jussi; 06-07-2007, 07:00 PM.
          I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• Hoover
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2003
            • USA.

Sitting in a jail cell by herself, cut off from her high flying lifestyle, I imagine she got sick of herself finally. Probably no cell phones, or no one around telling her how great she is. Dying from a lack of attention. The jailers are probably glad that Paris is gone, now I wish she would just go away.
            No good deed goes unpunished

Comment

• gad5264
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2005
              • Columbus, Ohio, USA
              • BT3000/BT3100NIB

Maybe Lindsay Lohan should move in with Paris and they can monitor both of them at the same time.
              Grant
              "GO Buckeyes"

My projects: http://community.webshots.com/user/gad5264

Comment

• JSCOOK
                • Sep 2006
                • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
                • Ryobi BT3100-1

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn". by C.S. Lewis

Comment

• ragswl4
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2007
                  • Winchester, Ca
                  • C-Man 22114

It's a horrible statement about our society and our law enforcement. I don't blame her, it's the LA Sherrif that let her out. She should have been told to shut up and suck it up, you're in for 23 days and that's it. Never gonna happen to the elite.

Us average folks would just have to do the time and a lot sooner than she did and probably for a lot longer.
                  RAGS
                  Raggy and Me in San Felipe
                  sigpic

Comment

• TB Roye
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2004
                    • Sacramento, CA, USA.
                    • BT3100

The Judge is P****D

The Judge that sentenced Paris to Jail is holding a hearing tomorrow morning at witch time Paris and her attorney must appear and explain why she is not in Jail.
                    My BIL a former CHP Sgt. says for that type of crime no jail time is not uncommon that 3 days is probably the max. This judge had other Ideas and the Sheriff and attorney had different ideas. The Sheriff is rumored to be easier on celebrities than most others. Of course up here the Sacramento Kings coach who was busted for DUI got out of a work program for health reasons. If you have the money you can get off.

Tom

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                      The Full Monte
                      • May 2007
                      • Sunshine State
                      • BT3000

What makes me furious is that the Corrections Dept. publicity machine is standing there with a straight face, trying to get the world to buy into that she "is still in custody and serving her sentance". Yeah, in her own bed (for a change), in her own clothes (also for a change) and eating her own food, with friends and family to keep her company. Give me an effing break. Believe me, it's not about overcrowding, unless there are other rich celebs trying to get into that isolated and relatively unused section of the jail. How is this going to serve as a deterrant to anyone? She should have to serve out her term in the slam, pure and simple, with nobody giving a rat's ass how much she cries, or how many meals she misses. Good Lord.

Comment

• p8ntblr
                        • Jan 2007
                        • So Cal
                        • Craftsman 22114

Her publicist should have told her to suck it up and do at least a couple of weeks. That way she would have gotten some street cred. Check out Martha Stewart. But now if she thinks she was hated on at the MTV awards she ain't seen nothing yet. Leno, Letterman, and the like are gonna have material for months.
                        -Paul

Comment

• drumpriest
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 2004
                          • Pittsburgh, Pa, USA.
                          • Powermatic PM 2000

Seems to me like a well thought out weight loss program. Go to jail, refuse to eat for 3 days, get out of jail to live in your MANSION. My wife said in response to this article "i'll serve out her term, live in her house for 40 days, with her servants".

Yes, it is obviously pathetic of our criminal justice system.
                          Keith Z. Leonard
                          Go Steelers!

Comment

• ragswl4
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jan 2007
                            • Winchester, Ca
                            • C-Man 22114

I feel extra sorry for the LA Police Officers that are out there doing their jobs, being critized by their Chief and Mayor. They arrest someone and then this happens. From their perspective they must be saying "What the **** am I doing out here risking my life to protect people and the system lets them back out on the street". Gotta be frustrating.

You better bet that if you are poor, black or latino in LA you are going to do the time and not in any special part of the jail and be lucky if you get out of there with your head in tact. Its a disgrace. I hope the judge puts the lawyer and the Sherrif in jail for contempt of court. Now that would be justice.
                            RAGS
                            Raggy and Me in San Felipe
                            sigpic

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 2005
                              • Independence, MO, USA.
                              • bt3100

Heard a little on the news tonight, of course, about jail overcrowding, and sentences being shrunk do to lack of prisons.

Seems to me, iminent domain should be used here, and convert her now prison, to a prison.

I want to see those NIMBY's.
                              She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

Working...