• Show
Clear All
  • Ken Massingale
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Liberty, SC, USA.
    • Ridgid TS3650

A Belated Happy Birthday And...

congratulations to Tom Hintz. His new book is available on Amazon.
    Tom had a birthday on 5/3, I believe and hid it from us! ;-D

The book is at http://www.amazon.com/New-Woodworker...8280820&sr=1-3
  • SARGE..g-47

Morning Ken...

Thanks for alerting me to the fact Tom is a serious author. I didn't know that.. then again there are a lot of things I don't know.

Happy belated Tom.. where were ya when I needed ya 35 years ago?

Regards...

Comment

• Tom Hintz
      • Feb 2004
      • Concord, NC, USA.

Thanks guys.
      Sarge, 35 years ago I was still trying to figure out why I needed more than a $15 circular saw to remodel the house.
      Tom Hintz
      NewWoodworker.com LLC

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

Afternoon Tom...

"Sarge, 35 years ago I was still trying to figure out why I needed more than a $15 circular saw to remodel the house"... Tom

And the truth be told Tom, maybe we really don't. I have seen things get very complicated and fancy over those 35 years when I only had a Shopmate circular saw strapped under a 2 X 4 sheet of ply with a retangular hole cut for the blade and a few hand-tools.

What I haven't seen is a gaint leap in quality of what I produced back then to what I produce now with an accumulation of over $12 K in state of the art tools. Perhaps we are missing something here? ha.. ha... ha..ha..ha..

Well... back to trimming the house. Should be finished late today as I strapped my 3" sash brush onto my circular saw blades with duct tape to speed things up. Leaves a few circular swirls on the facia.. but anybody that gets close enough to notice.. I just shoot em as a tres-passer following the old southern tradition of "you stay on your side of the fence and I'll stay on mine"! he.........

Regards for the afternoon, sir...

Comment

Working...