• Show
Clear All
  • bluzcat
    Forum Newbie
    • May 2003
    • Gosport, IN, USA.
    • BT-3100 & Jet Cabinet Saw

Amazing Amazon Shipping!

I ordered the Jet 24/40 Paraellel Clamp set YESTERDAY! On the order confirmation, they projected a ship date of May 29 with a delivery date of June 9. I just talked to the wife: the clamps are on the front porch! To think I almost signed up for Amazon Prime to get the free 2 day shipping.
    \"He who dies with the most clamps, WINS!\"
  • Ken Massingale
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Liberty, SC, USA.
    • Ridgid TS3650

Shipping amazes me too, at times. I needed a video card urgently a while back and was prepared to make a 60 mile round trip the next day to get one.
    I was looking for reviews online for the one I wanted and noticed on one site that ordering by 11 p.m. guaranteed delivery by noon the next day. No way, I thought, we are out in the sticks.
    I ordered the thing and yep, it was delivered around 10 the next morning, from Chicage, for $6 shipping. The delivery guy did look pee'ed off, tho.

Then again, it can take a week for a delivery from 60 miles away.

Comment

• vaking
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2005
      • Montclair, NJ, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3100-1

Originally posted by bluzcat
      To think I almost signed up for Amazon Prime to get the free 2 day shipping.
      I am signed up for Amazon prime because if you don't have it and you order a book (didn't amazon start with books) - you will get it in 3 weeks. Even with the prime - I ordered a book I need for work on Tuesday. It is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Your clamps arrived so quickly only because you don't need them urgently.
      Alex V

Comment

• MilDoc

With Amazon, often depends on which of their distribution centers has it in stock and how close they are to you.

Comment

Working...