What The??? This Is America!!!

From another forum:
    http://www.break.com/index/sheriff-a...respass2b.html
  • footprintsinconc
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2006
    • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
    • BT3100

i cant believe it myself! goes to show that the laws are useless unless the people reponsible uphold them! just the fact that someone complains is enough to override your rights! really "uncomprehensible" as he put it!

Comment

• Russianwolf
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
      • One of them there Toy saws

I was going to reply, but decided what I had to say would go too far towards being political.
      Mike
      Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

• Mar 2004
        • Northern NJ, USA.
        • BT3100

Oh, I thought it was..

About the Darned Queen coming to our country and worse yet, us embracing her. Didn't we fight her family twice, and lost countless good americans due to her direct family, blood relations, and we throw open the gates for her with loving arms! That's what's wrong with america, we're embracing this notion that some people are better or more righteous than others. The whole notion of a monarchy is repugnant to me as an american. Forget that trooper and health inspector! I haven't forgotten what her family did to us, but I guess everyone else has.

curt j.
        A Man is incomplete until he gets married ... then he's FINISHED!!!

Comment

• crokett
          The Full Monte
          • Jan 2003
          • Mebane, NC, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3000

I'm not a lawyer but AFIK a health inspector acting in his/her official capacity does not need a warrant to come onto a property. A health inspector is not an LEO seeking evidence in a criminal case. So all his yelling about a warrant is hot air.
          David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Stytooner
            Roll Tide RIP Lee
            • Dec 2002
            • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
            • BT3100

You don't need a warrant if you are a building inspector or a Fire Marshall either IIRC. It looks like he was putting in a septic system. That has to be approved and inspected. It is for the welfare of the neighborhood and wildlife in the area. I'm afraid that he is mistaken. He is probably setting himself up for a big fine. They can also refuse to give him occupancy status on the trailer if the septic isn't passed.
            Lee

Comment

• gaj1967
              Forum Newbie
              • Mar 2007
              • Luling, La.
              • BT3000

I agree with Crockett. For some reason she was told to go there to investigate a health problem. If he's doing nothing wrong why wouldn't he just tell her to take all the pictures she wants. He said that he's "just moving dirt around." Sounds strange to me. Maybe he's moving dirt around because he created his own personal landfill and it might be illegal there.

I think that guy is just a little paranoid or trying to hide something. Who knows for sure but maybe there'll be a follow up video in the future.
              Gil

BT3000

Comment

• ragswl4
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2007
                • Winchester, Ca
                • C-Man 22114

Most amazing to me were the posts on that website concerning the incident. While I'm no lawyer, I think at least the officer should have told the owner why the woman was there and that she had a legal right to look at the property (if she did). Otherwise, the officer is in trouble. Just my $.02.
                RAGS
                Raggy and Me in San Felipe
                sigpic

Comment

• Anna
                  • Feb 2006
                  • CA, USA.
                  • BT3100

I did a little research on this. It happened in 2005, and the property was eventually condemned and presumably sold in 2006. The owner (Ray Kirkus) tried to sell it on eBay (link contains his description of what happened). Property is located in Laporte, IN.

No matter what violations there were, it's chilling to have the government coming into your property - because of a neighbor's complaint - without a warrant or even show probable cause. All Julie W. would say was that she had the right to be there. I found that very arrogant indeed.

Comment

• cgallery
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 2004
                    • Milwaukee, WI
                    • BT3K

Originally posted by Anna
                    No matter what violations there were, it's chilling to have the government coming into your property - because of a neighbor's complaint - without a warrant or even show probable cause. All Julie W. would say was that she had the right to be there. I found that very arrogant indeed.
                    EXTREMELY WELL PUT!

Comment

• crokett
                      The Full Monte
                      • Jan 2003
                      • Mebane, NC, USA.
                      • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by Anna
                      All Julie W. would say was that she had the right to be there. I found that very arrogant indeed.
                      From that video he didn't give her much chance to say anything at all, did he? My guess is if he'd been more reasonable then so would she, and certainly the sherriff would not have been there.
                      David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Russianwolf
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 2004
                        • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
                        • One of them there Toy saws

Originally posted by crokett
                        From that video he didn't give her much chance to say anything at all, did he? My guess is if he'd been more reasonable then so would she, and certainly the sherriff would not have been there.
                        Why do I suspect that he is the type that say the IRS collecting income taxes is illegal?
                        Mike
                        Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

• crokett
                          The Full Monte
                          • Jan 2003
                          • Mebane, NC, USA.
                          • Ryobi BT3000

All the ebay link had is more ranting without any real backstory.

I did some research myself and here is what I was able to find. The initial reason for the inspection was apparently for a dry-rotted drain pipe that the owner claims was for drain tile and doesn't go anywhere. I couldn't find who initially complained. I also can't find anywhere recorded where he took pictures, submitted docs, etc to try and prove the inspection wasn't necessary. AFIK all he did was rant.

Assuming what he says is true and he had nothing to hide, then I see no problem with letting the inspector do her job. It can't take that long. If he's worried about her going where she shouldn't, he can have his lawyer out there to watch. But he raises a huge fuss, so she comes back out with the sheriff. What'd he expect her to do? He raises a bigger fuss and eventually his property gets condemned all because he won't let the health dept inspect the pipe. What exactly did he think would happen?
                          David

Comment

• cgallery
                            Veteran Member
                            • Sep 2004
                            • Milwaukee, WI
                            • BT3K

Originally posted by crokett
                            Assuming what he says is true and he had nothing to hide, then I see no problem with letting the inspector do her job.
                            Some people hold their freedoms very deerly. I think we all owe them a debt of gratitude. If we all just "went along with" government intrusions, we'd find them intruding more and more (actually, aren't they already)?

Today they want to inspect the drain pipe. Tomorrow they'll tell you what to feed your kids. Next week they'll want to inspect your bedroom habbits. I know that sounds absurd, but the path we're headed down seems to surrender all of our personal rights.

Comment

• gary
                              • May 2004
                              • Versailles, KY, USA.

Originally posted by 430752
                              About the Darned Queen
                              Be nice to the Queen - she's my neighbor. I kid you not, my house is adjecent to the farm the queen will be staying on.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...,0.158958&z=13

The farm she is staying on is north of my home.
                              Gary

Comment

Working...