• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tuttlejr
    Established Member
    • Aug 2003
    • LAKEWAY, TX, USA.

Dealing with Spam and Scam messages

Check this out, it can take care of Spam and Scam at no charge.
    http://www.spamcop.net/

You can also subscribe to spam filters etc. Worth checking out. I got the tip from an IP that I sent a scam message to report it.
    Bob Tuttle
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

My gmail account does a very good job of filtering spam - sometimes too good. I have the filters set pretty aggresively. Some stuff that is valid (order confirmations, email from forum members, etc) gets flagged as spam and I have to check my spam folder every few days. I am willing to live with that for no spam though.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Cheeky
      • Nov 2006
      • westchester cty, new york
      • Ridgid TS2400LS

Originally posted by crokett
      My gmail account does a very good job of filtering spam - sometimes too good. I have the filters set pretty aggresively. Some stuff that is valid (order confirmations, email from forum members, etc) gets flagged as spam and I have to check my spam folder every few days. I am willing to live with that for no spam though.
      gmail is phenomenal in this respect. my inbox has yet to be infiltrated by spam (knock on wood).
      Pete

Comment

• Ken Massingale
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Liberty, SC, USA.
        • Ridgid TS3650

Another vote for Gmail. It's the best I have tried.

Comment

• Bulkley
          Forum Newbie
          • Oct 2005
          • British Columbia, Canada.

Your worst problem is your friend who batch-mails jokes. In doing so, he copies your e-mail address all over the place and the miners pick it up. Then, you might as well get a new address.

Comment

• mater
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2004
            • SC, USA.

It took me forever to get the email address with just my last name from my local cable network. When I did get it I was blasted with XXX emails. It took awhile but I finally got it cleaned up.
            Ken aka "mater"

" People may doubt what you say but they will never doubt what you do "

Ken's Den

Comment

Working...